Captain Ron

IGP6431W

For those friends and clients who can appreciate some fishing days and rewards are much greater than others. This is one night it happen. 13 bugs (lobsters) from legal size to 3 lbs. Started, leaving the dock around 4:00 PM on Friday, arriving 6:00 at the island. We set our first traps and for the next 4 hours is was slow, only reaping 1 bug out of 4 or 5 caught. We had three traps and left them down for 20 to the 30 min.s At 11:00 we needed somewhere new and headed to the Isthmus. For the next couple of hours we managed 3 more. By now we had caught probably 15 lobsters and only garnished three more. At around 1:30 we decided we were tired and made one more drop around where we had caught one of the other legal bugs. As I pulled up the first trap I could feel something on the line. I told Bill I could feel the lobsters kicking. He thought I was tired and hallucinating. As I got the trap to the surface I couldn't believe my eyes. Neither could he. The trap was full of lobsters. 7 of them. 6 of them legal. One 3 lbs. and a couple of two lb ders. We were so jazzed we got enough energy to make one more drop in the area. Again the first trap I pulled up had three lobsters in it, all were legal. It was 3:00 AM and we were wasted. We had probably caught 35 to 40 lobsters that might, plus a small leopard shark and one tiny sculpin, Ended up with 13 legal's. Not bad considering 7 is the limit per fisherman. As the pictures show its no "Fish Story"

IGP6431W
Captain Ron, Oct 13, 2010
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Saltwater
    Uploaded By:
    Captain Ron
    Date:
    Oct 13, 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: