1. gancho

gancho Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg :D Was lucky to be a part of the rangers 2 night charter by mikeedaguy.1 st morning started slow with only a couple of hookups and 1 fish over the rail. By sundown everyone was getting bit, one time had 4 anglers playing fish at once,chaos, but good chaos. It was my turn to do the tuna dance for 45 minutes , with a 1o4 lb bluefin at my feet to prove it was not a dream.
    The crew was unbelievable. 1 member at my elbow constantly, advising,guiding me up and down the rail over and under the other rods. The captain himself gaffed my fish.
    This was supposed to be a educational trip for me as my biggest rod was a ugly stick rated20 to 50 lb line, Tld 15 spooled with 50 braid 40 flaurocarbon.i wanted see what everyone else is using before I go crazy buying gear. What I had was good enough for my first tuna. Yeeaaa

Yakman likes this.
  2. Carnivore

Carnivore Moderator

VERY COOL!!! Congrats on a really nice fish.

Yakman likes this.
  3. Joey805

Joey805 Administrator

Bad ass! Perfect timing to get in on that bite. Glad to see you got one and thanks for the report.

Yakman likes this.
  4. Yakman

Yakman Well-Known Member

GOOD JOB! Glad you, Mikee and everyone had a great trip!

5. MrPukaShell

MrPukaShell Well-Known Member

Congrats on a very nice fish. Nice to get a bucket list fish for your first one. It was nice sharing the rail with you.

Yakman likes this.
  6. gancho

gancho Member

image.jpg
    I was very surprised how friendly everyone was. Many other fishermen went out of their way to help, advise me. Even showing me and tying knots on my rigs. Giving me appropriate tackle when everything I had seemed to be undersized. No doubt this made the difference on me landing a big fish. I will be sure to do the same to someone else in the future.

Joey805, Carnivore and Yakman like this.
  7. MikeeDaGuy

MikeeDaGuy Well-Known Member

Well I was going to post a really late report but I see its not Necessary. . . . Dennis you were lucky enough to be with some of the finest anglers on the west coast. Not from their fishing ability but the fact like I announced we are all Family, everyone knows someone who knows someone and we are all in this together. Enjoy each others company and kill fish. . . . It was a pleasure to have you join the group brother and congrats on your 1st tuna! You eat the heart?

I will post pics. . .

8. ladyluck

ladyluck Well-Known Member

Very cool!!! Can't wait to share the rail with you and my DK brothers on NYE! It's gonna be a great day of partying and fishing!

9. jomron8

jomron8 Member

Old thread, but still nice to see the pics. Look like you guys had fun