6/18 Oceanside-Carlsbad

Discussion in 'Kayak Central' started by NoobFisher, June 18, 2005.

1. NoobFisher

NoobFisher Well-Known Member

I started in oceanside and fished around there with swims for nothing. Decided to paddle down to carlsbad(power plant) kelp to find some fish, as I didnt know how far it was to camp pendleton kelp I went for the sure way. I trolled swim baits all the way down and hooked a giant mackeral. Never seen one so big [​IMG]. Kept the hour and a half paddle more fun. Got to tamarack area and metered fish in 25 ft of water so thow swim. I metered one at 8.5 feet so i tried fishing the top water and believe it or not I nailed him, a nice 3-4 pound calico with some devil red eyes. So I'm feelin good about the area and paddle back to where i was to throw the bait for some more. My 3rd drop something hits my line as I'm reelin in and my line is screaming, loosened the drag a lil so my line would'nt snap and was about to set the hook when SNAP my line had broke. It was 15lb izorline, wonder what that was. So I paddled to the power plant kelp and throw swims for a couple hours for 1 calico bass, smaller this time. Then paddled in around 3:30 for a all around nice day on the water (70 degree water right now) and some intresting red tide, but it was fun. And my fish finder worked better then i thought.

2. Anotherbite

Anotherbite Well-Known Member

Congrats! Sounds like a nice relaxing time. Great way to spend a Saturday! Thanks for the report!!

3. FISHHEAD

FISHHEAD Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks for the report keep em coming! How big was this Giant Mak???

4. Flipper

Humm... wonder what broke ya off? .ha, guess you'll have to go back soon for payback! hehe..

thanks for the report... keep it up:D

5. NoobFisher

NoobFisher Well-Known Member

Mack was about 3 lbs. Ive never seen a mac so big. Usually there skinny but this on was fat like a cow mack or something.

6. ODH33

nice report sounds like a lot of fun