Accurate Spinning!!???

Discussion in 'Tackle 101' started by TonyPltnmHook, June 21, 2005.

1. TonyPltnmHook

TonyPltnmHook Banned

Hey Guys (gals),

Has anyone had experience with the Accurate spinning reel? Forgot the model number and too lazy right now to go on their site and get it.

Saw it first hand for the first time at the Hall show. They looked incredible and felt great, but waiting for a smaller model.

I'm a straight up "G-Pimp Tackle Ho", and I spend bookoo bucks on gear, but can't see the justification in the $800 price tag???Edited by: TonyPltnmHook

2. Joey805

Administrator

800 bucks for a spinning reel?Are you freekin serious? :uhoh:

3. "KNOT HOME"

"KNOT HOME" Well-Known Member

This reel is no joke!!!! It has landed 200+ lb tuna & Marlin!!! - Ive seen the pics!!

4. Sinker

I have HEARD that it is supposed to put the Shimano Stella STL20000FA & the Daiwa Saltiga SA-Z6000GT to shame - Very interested in seeing this reel.

5. "KNOT HOME"

"KNOT HOME" Well-Known Member

6. crawford23

crawford23 Well-Known Member

Joey, remember we saw it at the Fred Hall Show. It sure looked sweet but for 800 bucks it better have some microchip in it or something that leads your boat right to wherever the fish are.

7. TonyPltnmHook

TonyPltnmHook Banned

That's what I'm sayin Joey. It's an awesome reel but notoriously overpriced (that's Accurate for you).

8. TonyPltnmHook

TonyPltnmHook Banned

SG,

I agree that the reel is incredible and I do want one, but not worth the $800.00 and change. I'd pay 5 maybe 600.00 but 800.00 is taking advantage of the consumer. IMOEdited by: TonyPltnmHook

9. TonyPltnmHook

TonyPltnmHook Banned

I'm definitely a Saltiga fan and would more than likely spend the money on that reel over the Stella if I needed a big game class Spinning reel(don't care for the Stella too much, I don't like the drag on it as opposed to the Saltiga...much better). And I have actually played around with the Accurate model at the Hall show but never fished it obviously. I'd sure like to talk with someone who has.

10. TonyPltnmHook

TonyPltnmHook Banned

For $800 bucks it comes in a female model that talks dirty to you and keeps you entertained when the bite is slow.....jk :uhoh:

11. obm7

obm7 Well-Known Member

Would you post a few pictures of 200Ib tuna caught on this reel [​IMG]

12. obm7

obm7 Well-Known Member

I agree that the reel is incredible and I do want one, but not worth the $800.00 and change.  I'd pay 5 maybe 600.00 but 800.00 is taking advantage of the consumer. IMO[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Tony, for $550 you could get a VanStaal with the same specs and like accurate its American made. www.VanStaal.com

[​IMG]

13. Sinker

I have a Stella and honestly I'm not impressed and WISH I had the Saltiga Spinner. I get a kick out of the tiny Stella's like for trout that they have that are so pricey - WOW.

I'm also not a fan of the Van Staal (Spinning Reel) and have not heard anything good yet about their fly reels but they look cool.

Sorry getting a bit off track

14. 2 Amigos

2 Amigos Well-Known Member

Yes accurates are quite pricey, but what reels!! I mean like Randy said this Accurate Twinspin has landed 200+ pound tuna and marlin, I havent seen another spinning reel even touch that!!

-Tony

15. TonyPltnmHook

TonyPltnmHook Banned

I'm a huge Van Staal fan!!!! Great reelsEdited by: TonyPltnmHook

16. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Nice reel but just not for me. Some one somewhere probably has a use for it but im no the guy.

Tony, In other parts of hte world people use stellas saltigas tricked out penn spinfishers and other reels to catch fish that size.

Batty

17. TonyPltnmHook

TonyPltnmHook Banned

Yeah, I like the Saltiga spinner better too. I spend alot of money on my trout reels(My Tica SA series reels) not like the Stellas cost though. eeeek

18. TonyPltnmHook

TonyPltnmHook Banned

Tony,

I know guys that have landed stripped Marlin, Sails, BFT's and YFT's on Big Saltiga spinning reels and the Van Staal....even Penns. Still I agree that the Accurates are ridiculous (in a good way!).Edited by: TonyPltnmHook

19. 2 Amigos

2 Amigos Well-Known Member

Oh right on Batty and Tony. Only spinning reel I have seen ina magazine are those Twinspins with huge tuna. Thanks for correcting me:)

-Tony

20. TonyPltnmHook

TonyPltnmHook Banned

Batty, I agree, they do use those reels.....they use the same reels we do in terms of the more commercial named manufacturers (Diawa, Shimano, Penn, Quantum). Most of the world doesn't use Accurates and AVETs(for example). Mexico, Asia and especially Indonesia is huge on the use of AVETS, and Australia & Europe happen to be big on Accurate....but still it's mixed around the world.