Alameda Rock Wall (bounce ball San Francisco Bay)

Discussion in 'West Coast - Saltwater In-Shore Reports' started by dudewarner, Apr 16, 2016.

1. dudewarner

dudewarner Well-Known Member

Since Salmon season has been so slow and the swell is up we decided to give the bay a try for the first time. As we have heard that the halibut were on the bite, left Santa Cruz around 5am. and was at the Berkley Marina at 7am. went straight to the alameda rock wall for some bounce balling and I ended up with 2 nice smaller flatties and had some good take downs and short strikes. This was my first trip ever to the bay and not my last. It was flat calm all day which the locals say is rare.

Attached Files:

2. jmoore

jmoore Well-Known Member

Nice Charlie, Sounds like you hit the weather right, especially in the spring. Must have been cool to pass thru the gate on your own boat. Lots of history up there and some good fishing to boot.

3. MikeeDaGuy

MikeeDaGuy Well-Known Member

Looks like a beautiful Day for sure Charlie. Congrats on the ones ya caught!

Thanks for sharing!

4. MrPukaShell

MrPukaShell Well-Known Member

very nice great eats

5. Joey805

Administrator

Nice flatty. Do you guys have bait docks up there or have to make your own?

6. dudewarner

dudewarner Well-Known Member

There are big bait boats that anchor up out front of the marina but not last week no live bait yet - I am going back again this weekend I hear the halibut have moved in big time.