Alot of bone

Discussion in 'West Coast - Saltwater In-Shore Reports' started by pete j, Aug 5, 2015.

1. pete j

pete j Well-Known Member

We took are boat boat out of Santa barbara harbor today barely made it out of the harbor and my new dragonfly ff was showing alot of bait so out goes the sibiki and up comes 2 nice bonito after that we lost them. Put on a couple rapala type lures and started trolling and boom 2 more bonito we spent the rest of the day just trolling and yanking in bonito after bonito with a couple of huge macks in there too. We caught atleast 30 bones in a few hours of trolling. Water was choppy it was hot out swells were huge and the team work with my wife made for 1 of my best days fishing ever plus barely burned 2 1/2 gallons of fuel :) Threw in the bat ray my old lady reeled in at free beach the day before from the surf the title wa suppoe to be alot of bones but the s on keyboard is going out

Attached Files:

#1 pete j, Aug 5, 2015 at 7:02 PM
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  2. tdfayram

tdfayram Well-Known Member

Nice, I used to catch those as a kid when they were all over! How fast were you trolling? Like 5 to 10 knots?

3. Carnivore

Nice sized mako bait. Nice.

4. pete j

pete j Well-Known Member

Anywere from 2 to 2 1/2 mph and Id love to catch a mako but Im far from prepared for that

5. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Nice bones good eating if bled quick and put on ice. What does the bat ray taste like?

6. pete j

pete j Well-Known Member

Dont know we always let go