At it again

Discussion in 'Hawaii USA' started by Kauai_Kanseah, November 16, 2011.

1. Kauai_Kanseah

Kauai_Kanseah Well-Known Member

Aloha everyone, my latest jaunt to the water this past evening/early morning. Did not throw a pole out yet was in the water, dive light, dive purse and spear in hand.

Landed some nice fish, Opihi, and crabs. Enjoy the pics, for I know I will enjoy the feast which will start around 5 pm my time.

Mahalo

Attached Files:

2. MrPukaShell

MrPukaShell Well-Known Member

Awesome catch and I would like to see the pic of the "plate lunch" when it is done. Thanks for sharing.

3. MrPukaShell

MrPukaShell Well-Known Member

Do you dive at night? The only reason I ask is we rented a house on the North Shore this past summer. After a night of coctails I thought I was seeing an invasion of the body snatchers out in the shallows. Had to call the wife over to verify what I was seeing, glowing lights just under the surface with a pitch black sky. Found out it was 5 or 6 guys out for some night diving. Pretty cool to watch from where we were.

4. Torrn

Torrn Well-Known Member

Wow, what an exotic assortment of Fish! I'm envious of the meal that's being prepared. Thanks for the awesome picks

5. Dave K.

Dave K. Well-Known Member

That's one heck of a haul:notworthy:

6. wils

wils Well-Known Member

nice smorgasbord you caught. those brown and orange ones look like a variety of "tang" that are in aquariums.

7. sourcreamnjive

sourcreamnjive Well-Known Member

What time is dinner Bradda?

8. beacondawg

beacondawg Well-Known Member

ya I'm hungry to brada.thanks for the pic's.

9. Carpfisher

Carpfisher Well-Known Member

That bug looks huge in the pot!!!
    Awesome catch in one outing. See any sharks this time
    Bills right about the tang-very colorfull variety you scored there.
    never thought about eating tropical aquarium fish, but why not if they taste good!!

10. ladyluck

ladyluck Well-Known Member

Oh cool! Those fish are fantasticly pleasing to my eyes. Rockin' bugs & crabs, too. I have got to make plans to visit Hawaii someday. Man. :) Great report!!!

11. Kauai_Kanseah

Kauai_Kanseah Well-Known Member

Mahalos everyone for the positive feedback on my catch. First of all, the cook out was awesome, had a few friends over, which also contributed some pheasant and mahi mahi (Dorado) they had gathered the day before.

Yes I do dive at night, majority of the time I dive at night early morning, fish will eat non stop at all hours of the day, and yes, the Apex predators as well, the sharks. I did on this dive see at least 5 tiger sharks all over 10 feet and 2 or three Large Hammer heads. Hilarious actually, at night while diving, you dont really see them until its to late, cruising slowly by you. I WILL NOT DIVE WITHOUT Dive light at night, so the $150 I spent on my dive light I dont mind.

While on my latest trip out to the mainlaind, at both the Monterey Aquairium and in SF next to the Wax museum there is a lunch place with multiple Aquariums.... in both places I was in awe and just stood in front of them.... thinkin the same thing, how I would love to start feastin on some of these fish. As in both places, poeple had mentioned to me I had that look on my face of wanted to start eating those fish. Cant help it, been eatin aquarium kine fish all my life. By the way, those Toro, spotted Tang are ONOLICIOUS... delicious

Will post more may either go again tomorow night or go erradicate a few feral pigs on a friends property, either way, will post

Mahalo

12. dudewarner

dudewarner Well-Known Member

WAY TO "GET-EM" SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!