Cachuma Fun with the kid

Discussion in 'West Coast - Freshwater Reports' started by sb tuber, January 28, 2013.

1. sb tuber

sb tuber Well-Known Member

Took my son up to lake cachuma for the day went to my normal spot no fish, went to a different spot got a nice fish and a little guy talked to DFG and he said I am the worded of the lake ALLLL kids can fish with TWO rods under the age of 16 if i have a second rod stamp and they can manage the pole. The big one was caught all ready hook still in mouth my hook down the hatch. DFG was in a white boat with a honda on it 2 guys with one black pole on the side rod holder they act like they are trolling they are like in their late 20 not more then 38 be on the look out they are their not to say hi right you a big fat ticket that all they are their for

Attached Files:

#1 sb tuber, January 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: January 28, 2013
  2. sb tuber

vista nothing we pay to fish so we fish dfg and harbor pitrol came cruzing by and they both said nuthing cuchuma can't aford to send fisher men away have you ever gone throw their boat check station i have past with sardens chovies and squid roten from lobster the night be for and passed their are new people now checking be for when it all started you would think full force check i was displeased with the check station their is no closer sign just to watch out for joe the fisher men lol na mounten lions

3. Carpfisher

Carpfisher Well-Known Member

I'd fish any and all shoreline at Cachuma accessible by a legal trail.
    Trails lead to the shore.

4. Joey805

Administrator

Nice trout Joe! I need to get up there one of these days soon and give it a shot.

5. Torrn

Torrn Well-Known Member

That's a fat one! Lakeside fishing memories with pops is a great thing. Thanks for the report and DGF 411.

6. Easy Money

Easy Money Well-Known Member

Very Nice Joe!!
    Something to pull on until the flatties return.....

7. sb tuber

me and my son will be going up to the lake this weekend like to come hang out and kill some trout all is well come every one is getting them all over the lake power bait worms i use power bait some use split shots thats more for red rock. i use surf purch and halibut style of rigg i say

8. thatsharkguy

thatsharkguy Well-Known Member

Nice report man other than the fact that it was reaaaally hard to read. Punctuation is your friend!

Good job taking the kid out, my fondest childhood memories are fishing with my dad and brothers at lake Lopez and Santa Margarita.

9. sb tuber

ya I no i suck at spelling but i kick ass at fishing spelling B time spell fish thats all i need to no tie knots and leaders their is no spelling in that ya lol

10. catchofthemonth

Lol feel free to fish where you want I'm just saying that your not allowed to fish there wether you want to follow the rules or not go for it hot shots the rules will just become more strict for those of us who follow them but clearly you fellas are above the law since you paid to fish the main lake you can do anything you want right? Shining endorsement for responsible angling get bent!

11. sb tuber

what rules are their the last rule cuchuma posted up is the boat in sepction and if it was closed dont you think their would be some kind of sign or gard block so you cant get in dont hate the fisher men hate the game fool get off the sofa with your cheese burgers and ice cream get your ass up the hill and fish santa maria is only 30mint drive talk with your pole your mouth means nathing just smelly old men breath that smells like my morning glory in the morning :moon:lol lol
    And thank you we will fish were we want if you so good come and school me this weekend. by the end of the day you will be thanking me

12. Single Fin

Single Fin Member

Hey bro nice fish.
    Keep the kids fishing. Heading to the sierras this week
    We will see if alpers show up.

13. HAWK

HAWK Active Member

Wow. This could be the most ridiculous response I've read so far. Here's the deal... You can fish wherever you want to (as long as you are willing to accept the fact that you will probably get ticketed). If a Ranger or Game Warden says you're in a no fishing zone, then get the heck outta there. If you want to argue and fight with them, go for it, but you're going to get the ticket. I've fished a ton of not-so-legal fishing spots, but I was willing to accept the consequences...Do you see any signs or guard blocks out in the open ocean?? Beause I sure don't. And I know DFG doesn't have signs posted inside harbors or on beaches, letting you know the coordinates that mark protected areas. But you as the angler are still responsible for knowing and adhering to them...And did anyone challenge you to a fish-off? I've seen your past posts and have enjoyed all of them. We can all tell you're a great fisherman. Watch the vulgarity, as it just makes you sound less intellegent. All that said, thanks for posting all the reports!

14. sb tuber

please read the best you can i did say in the post DFG did come by how do you think got info kids can run two rods park ranger came by to clean porta poty all he said watch out for mouten lions they are on the move can you tell me were you got your info from then we can all determen if it full of sh** i think this guy is part of MPA his first three post is on some guy with his kid catching fish cry about it he said he fish this lake his hole life like and he just became a member of this site were where you last year i have ben posting for years he should have pics of fish if he fish that lake for years but no pics just complants on tru fisher men catching fish MPA MPA

#14 sb tuber, January 31, 2013
    Last edited: January 31, 2013
  15. sb tuber

Thank you for leting us all no that you are the (MLPA) watch out for this guy if he says any bab stuff on your post past the word he might post some good stuff for a bit give it time it will come out soon i calle lake cuchuma leting them no that this guy brian is saying you have lake closers they got pissed they said no not tru we are open from this time to this time ect ect if their is a sign then plese respect it and that was that:rockon:

#15 sb tuber, January 31, 2013
    Last edited: January 31, 2013
  16. Carpfisher

Carpfisher Well-Known Member

Maybe tdfayram could enlighten us to where it is not legal to fish off the shore at Cachuma.....

Since Brian has fished there his whole life, he may know something I don't. I know where Joe was fishing and I know of no no fishing signs. I would fish there too.

If it was marked I would not and I don't think Joe would either, that's why he's reacting.

Not the first time he's taken crap for his bad grammar, sticks and stones, ya' know...

But if that's the vista trail down by the Mohawk fishing pier, you are WRONG... IMHO

AND what's so great about a sterile planted trout ?

Now where's that popcorn....

17. exfactor

exfactor Well-Known Member

Not positive, but that looks like harvey's cove. There used to be a pier there before the lake got low, and, there's a trail going all the way up to the dam. It is NOT illegal to fish Harvey's cove, and you are wrong Brian. I have no argument with either of you, take out more trash then you came with, enjoy the outdoors, and maybe catch a fish. I. also have fished up towards the dam in the past, and never was harassed or bothered for doing this. Just stay on the trails, as there's alot of ticks looking for you on the off beaten paths. Ok, pissing contest over, go have fun

18. creekster

creekster Well-Known Member

Brian, what trails are you refering to?

19. sb tuber

Thank you Bro's i would never fish in a no fishing zone with my SON to that guy is crazy he says he fish this lake his hole life only tru fisher men no from the pic right were i am at yes HARVEYS COVE tru fishermen no HARVEYS from pics THANK YOU BRO's I would never teach my son to fish in a BAD way respect the fish and all animals karma will grant you lots of fish. i dont like to say bad things to people but that guy just got to me i was fishing with my son having good time then got a nice trout on are fishing trip then this guy who i think is (MLPA) trash on my post not cool i got heated if i afended any one sorry my son look at this site to i dont want him seen him trash on when i post up are fishing pics we work to hard to catch fish then when we do catch he is var happy he wants to go every day lol

#19 sb tuber, February 1, 2013
    Last edited: February 1, 2013