Castaic Lagoon 3/11-3/13

Discussion in 'West Coast - Freshwater Reports' started by BlackRifle, March 15, 2012.

1. BlackRifle

BlackRifle Well-Known Member

Fiance headed back home to Tejas for her bridal shower so I decided to take the dogs out and try out the camping/Fishing on the lagoon.

This will be sort of a two part report on the camping and fishing.

The Camping i would rate at about a 4/10..

I guess my biggest problem was how the campsite booth worker seemed MIA 85% of the 3 days i was there.. This was a problem because all throughout the day and night random people would drive in and ask ME questions about where the restrooms were, where do you rent boats.. so on a so forth..

Otherwise I had a peaceful first 2 nights. My last night was the kind of night we all DREAD when it comes to camping.. I group of teen kids with a limited 12 word vocabulary (Roll another blunt, fuck, N word, take another shot) camped out and raised hell all night. Actually at one point i was amused, a strange champagne toast lead to a fist fight..

Off with the ranting and on with the fishing..

Sunday I spent 3-4 hours scouting the entire lake with the FF to get a feel (6 miles of paddle = awesome cardio) What I discovered was the lake really felt dead with how bad the algae bloom was and i didn't so much as get a bite the entire day.

Monday was actually a much better day on the water, I felt confident I had a mental picture of how the lake was laid out and set out to throw everything I had..

The end result was a few nice bass and some fat boy crappie..

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BlackRifle

3. BlackRifle

4. BlackRifle

Cheers to a relaxing weekend to myself! Thanks for taking the time to look!

[​IMG]

5. Joey805

Administrator

Great report and pics. Sorry to hear about the camping situation there, I've never tried it but I've heard similar stories like yours.

6. creekster

creekster Well-Known Member

Minus the Kids....it was a great weekend...:D

Thanks for the report....

7. fishingbeast

fishingbeast Well-Known Member

Wow the workers need to get on the job and good that the fishing made up some of the issues. Thanks for sharing.

8. Carpfisher

Carpfisher Well-Known Member

Thanks for the awesome report. I've never caught crappies, thanks for the shots with lures in them.
    I go camping with my boys quite a bit. The disrespectful, loud camping neighbor is EVERYWHERE. But what's funny is I thought they had a no alchohol rule there at the campgrounds. I figured it was unenforcable. Isn't the police station right across the street though?

9. beacondawg

beacondawg Well-Known Member

boy the dogs sure looked to of had a great time,I loved all the pic's brada.sure looked relaxing.....

10. cappo5150

cappo5150 Well-Known Member

Nice slabs on the jig. Sucks about the other campers. We camp to get away from that crap. Nice pups too.

11. SDDave

SDDave Dave Horst Guide Service

Nice job, saw your tent and heard your dog, I thought he was a coyote at first when he howled at the sirens now that I see him I think he is part coyote�� I saw a couple yaks on Sat and mon I was the white boat anchored in the back to the left of the reeds in your pic,
    Sorry bout the lack of sleep, when I was a kid and lived across from the clubhouse pool and people partying would wake me up I'd just go join them and either steal a girl away from them or kick someone's ass ��nice fish you got there and congrats on your up and come marriage. Dave

#11 SDDave, March 16, 2012
    Last edited: March 16, 2012
  12. xbacksideslider

xbacksideslider Well-Known Member

I know a guy who brings a stupendous PA/music system with him when he goes camping; it's capable of stupid ear destroying decibels. He doesn't turn it up until some fools get too loud with theirs. Then he turns the speakers right at them and lets loose. It's like artillery.

Nice report; dogs . . . .yeah . . . gotta take the dogs . . . they need some attention too.