Catalina Calico Madness

Discussion in 'West Coast - Saltwater Off-Shore & Island Reports' started by Big Pancho, June 9, 2013.

1. Big Pancho

Big Pancho Well-Known Member

Hello gang got an invite to fish Catalina with the TEAM NO REMORSE Brothers Bobby M and Kenny B. Game plan for the trip were to bomb the skinny water with a few of my big baits. Well the morning started off with a pick here and there and Captain Bobby decided to make a little move do to off colored water and conditions we were in. Bobby found some good water and turned and told us to get ready boys and it was if a light switch was turned on. My big baits were getting crushed by some quality fish. At times we had tripples going on at once. It was amazing seeing these big fish choke down a large piece of plastic. We all were fishing different favors of bait throughout the day and I pinned on a bleeding mackeral color and made a long cast right into some skinny water. I turned two cranks on the handle and BOOM it was instant rod load and i mean like right now. I kept even pressure on the fish and knew right away it was something special that was going on so i took my time and held on tight. Captain Bobby was ready to scoop up the fish in the net. Net went in and once the fish hit the deck I let out a big FLUCK YA!! We had a digital scale onboard and the scale was bouncing between 9.11 to 9.13. It felt great to get back on the water and doing what i love most catching bass on plastic. Thanks again Captain Bobby and Kenny B for the invite I had a great time. Frank aka Big Pancho

Attached Files:

#1 Big Pancho, June 9, 2013
    Last edited: June 23, 2013
  2. creekster

creekster Well-Known Member

3. beacondawg

beacondawg Well-Known Member

loved the thumb shot!!! toad calies!!!!

4. halihunter805

halihunter805 Well-Known Member

Hell ya Pancho! those are nice size

5. El Gallo

El Gallo Member

Big Checkered Ones! Awesome Angling!

6. Yakman

Yakman Well-Known Member

Wow those are some slugs, fun times there. LOL

7. sfrjohn

sfrjohn Well-Known Member

Huge Calicos, so when are these baits going to be available for us to purchase? I'd be interested in getting some, as I'm others here would be too.

8. Big Pancho

Big Pancho Well-Known Member

John I do not have the baits in any stores at this time. Shoot me a message so we can talk about the baits.

FRANK

9. thatsharkguy

thatsharkguy Well-Known Member

Ditto, nice thumb shot!

10. SnickSnack72

SnickSnack72 Well-Known Member

Nice Pancho! I like using that style of swimbait for bass over the big hammers. They seem to sink level instead of nose diving.