Color Scheme

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Wahoo!, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Wahoo!

Wahoo! Banned

Hey guys, I'm going to have some custom rods built for myself and I need a good color scheme. I've never done this before, so I'm not sure how many different colors I should use or anything. Any info would be great. Thanks

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Depends on the rod. If it is a rod that is going to have a over wrap and under wrap you can fit about 5 colors in like in bears rod. I like to stick to about 4 colors. Just pick your favorite colors and go to you rod builder. He should be able to help you pick the colors you want or point you in the right direction.

Good luck,

Batman

3. bajadave

Go to ARC, he has a whole color scheme sample set up already.

4. crawford23

crawford23 Well-Known Member

Wahoo, pick a color scheme of something that you like. If I were, Id do color schemes from my favorite sports teams like the Lakers, Bucs, Dodgers, and FSU. Oh and of course a Mardi Gras color scheme.

5. pEsCaDoR

pEsCaDoR Well-Known Member

call me old fashioned, but i like the traditional one color over the guide foot, one color to trim, and MAYBE a strip of metalic to trim the trim. i rarely go over two main colors. but check out this website.

http://www.fishingphotos.net/

you just might be able to get some ideas from here for some cool color schemes. if you get to some cool stuff that looks like marble finishes on the rod, then you might just have to talk to me about that! hehehe.

6. Wahoo!

Wahoo! Banned

Thanks guys. I'll let you know when I figure out what I'm going to use.

7. Bearfish

Bearfish Well-Known Member

Hey Wahoo...Like BAtman said and Crawford said...pick your favorites and run with it....darker on the bottom is a goos way to do it as well. I went to ARC yesterday with BAtman and saw some of the COOLEST stuff. Scott Does some truely acceptional work....Now I know why Batman is as good as he is..... If you do get the chance or have an itch...go there and talk to him...he helped me BIG TIME in the way to choose and did a sample wrap.....If I can figure out how to get the lic on the board I will show it to you all....the pic doesnt do it justice as you cant see ALL the colors but you can get the idea of what Im doing. I think once Batman gets his power wrapper....Scott is in for a run for his money...BAtty is awesome. I can send it to you via email but as for posting it here its to big and I dont know how to shrink it and stuff. After my vivit to ARC...I see why Baja and SInker use him so much....not only is his work incredible but he is a great guy.

Dude, while your gettin one done for yourself, you should have one done up for Merritt, Meritt, Merit, Merrit.....I can say it but forgot how to spell it...LOL....without her knowing of course....Nothin says I LOVE YOU better than a custom built FISHING rod. Now if I can get my wife to believe that I'll be set for life.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bearfish you can e-mail me the pic and I will post it.

Wahoo, if you only have one favorite colors you can have it blended in likeI did on my acid rod.

Batman

9. Bearfish

Bearfish Well-Known Member

Ok...so whats your email address then my friend?

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member