Constitution 5 Day, Late Report

Discussion in 'West Coast - Saltwater Off-Shore & Island Reports' started by MikeeDaGuy, Oct 18, 2016.

1. MikeeDaGuy

MikeeDaGuy Well-Known Member

Hey All,
    I suppose after trying to fill this trip for so long I had better post a report of the festivities.
    First and foremost I want to Thank Frank Ursitti and H & M Landing for all their help on getting this off the Dock. I also want to thank Keith Denette and crew ( 2nd Capt "E", Hunter and Seth on deck as well as Chef Antonio in the Galley) for the the great trip for all on board as well as putting the group on the most favorable conditions at hand. I would like to Thank my good friend Dave Elm for AFTCO as well as AFTCO for the promotional package that was sent to me for giveaways on the trip. I would also Like to Thank Sarah @ 5 Star for being at the dock when we came in, there were some nice fish to process and some who decided to do it at home regretted not getting the processing haha TY Sarah. Last but not least I would like to thank all on board that joined us on this trip.
    Cedros turned out to be a wash from all reports Keith was getting from the fleet. We got bait and headed for the Coronado's with 25 on board, a lil mix up somewhere but we made it work, The afternoon bite on Bonita was great I think a yellow was hooked but the dogs may have got to it. The plan was to head south and fish a couple days and finish off a couple days around San Clemente when the Navy opened it back up for fishing.
    I think some of the guys kept a couple Bonita, I threw then all back and I had a couple beauties. That night we traveled south, daybreak we were paddy hopping or at least searching. Anything we found on these things was small, we did end up with a handful of football YFT to throw in the mix that made it interesting for those on board. not sure what was kept but thurs afternoon we headed back to the Coronado's, the plan was to get more bait and head towards clemente, try and get some squid then fish for BFT and YFT. A few decent yellowtail were hooked and landed some were fed to the dogs, I was on a Bonita bite again. I believe personally with all the dinks and unwanted fish I threw back that I personally caught 30 to 40 fish. It was fun
    Squid was found in the AM we moved over and started drifts for tuna, Capt Keith was a lil surprized to see everyone on deck for the fact he gave us a elongated happy hour for his birthday (thurs) and those who drank preceded to get happy if you will.
    A good time was had and we were on the rail. Rodrigo hooked up 1st with a beauty but was not the 1st to land his fish, Old Lyle was on board at 70 he got around but not quite like the younger guys. When he got bit it was like a different guy came alive, in tune and right with that fish, he had it landed 1st of the trip in no time at all, Nice work Lyle you put us all to shame.
    Lyle3rdplace.jpg

Rodrigo01.jpg

Rodrigo landed his in due time.
    There was a nice handful of fish brought on board. Many under gunned and many never got an opportunity. Keith and crew were all over the balloon and kite to help us all get one, many were lucky enough to get a chance or more to end up with a bunch of nice tuna, here are some pics, may not be in order but here ya go

Contessakillinit.jpg SpankyBigTuna.jpg BajaDave01.jpg BajaDave#2.jpg TommyTBFT.jpg Scotty93lbs1stplace.jpg Rodrigoplunker.jpg RobertBFT.jpg DavemillerBFT.jpg JohnBigTuna.jpg Gbigfish.jpg BrandonBigTuna.jpg MeTunaTime.jpg ShonBFT.jpg Jason#2.jpg DannyHBigTuna.jpg

#1 MikeeDaGuy, Oct 18, 2016 at 5:30 PM
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Jason and Joey805 like this.
  2. ODH33

had a great time! thanks for putting this one together Mikee!

3. Joey805

Administrator

Damn! Those bluefin are slugs! Such a bad ass trip!
    :appl:

4. jmoore

jmoore Well-Known Member

Great grade of fish! Looks like heading to Clemente was a good move. Thanks for the report.

5. MikeeDaGuy

MikeeDaGuy Well-Known Member

It was my pleasure ODH, fishing with the Dark Kings is always a blast, Never a dull moment!

Thanks Joey, fishing was not wide open but you know Keith. He likes big fish catching!

Thanks to you as well Joe, good grade a quite delicioso.

We would have fished San Clemente the whole time but the Navy had the Island closed for maneuvers or whatever they want to do. I hope everyone had a good of a time as me, it was a blast and I needed it!

I think we are going to do it again next year but a few changes, stay tuned and let me know if ya want on my charter list I often have openings. . . well except Memorial day for some reason that always fills up lol

6. Carnivore

FANTASTIC job. Those are some beasts for sure.

7. Yakman

Yakman Well-Known Member

GREAT REPORT and pics Mikee, glad you made the move to SCI TOO!
    NICE FISH everyone! Glad you all had a great trip and ended well!
    We fished that same area/spot too yesterday and with only sardines.
    (I let a couple trainwreck my old 70yr old body too. Both on 30lb
    One for an hour, unhooked at color Geez., Lost em both. Fun fight though! )