Curado 300E - Help

Discussion in 'Tackle 101' started by stubbs, July 4, 2013.

1. stubbs

stubbs Well-Known Member

So I've been sitting on this reel for the last year or so. I bought it thinking about using it for salmon but never got to use it. Its still in the box

Now I'm thinking do I really need it? I seem to stick with my calcutta and cvx's for that line of fishing.

For those who have them, what do you guys use it for? I think it would be a great Calico reel...but no calicos up here....I'd also hate to use it as a glorified rockfishing reel too....

2. Joey805

Administrator

I have 5 curado reels in the E series and I use them all for freshwater bass fishing only.

The 300 is great for throwing the big swimbaits. The 200's I use for everything else (drop shot, texas rig, cranks, jigs, a-rigs, topwater, ect)

3. Bearfish

Bearfish Well-Known Member

Joey Nailed it.... the 300 is a good swim bait reel. Match it up with a good swim bait stick and your golden.

4. stubbs

stubbs Well-Known Member

Yeah I love the 200 size reels, just not feeling it on the 300 size reels.

5. HaliCali

HaliCali Well-Known Member

i have a curado 200 series G7 works great for harbors and bays and jetties i bett the 300 woould to

6. yessokk

yessokk Well-Known Member

Why don't you use it for salmon fishing. You can put 300 yds. of 40 lb spectra on that reel with a 50 yd 20 lb mono leader. It can develop 15 lbs of drag which is about double what is needed for Salmon and it will out cast what you are presently fishing with. Don't let its smaller size down play it's abilities. I have seen 35 lb tuna and 30 lb Yellow Tail caught with the 300.
    Start using it and you will be happy you did.