Don't go to Hooks Landing - Oxnard

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by MikeeDaGuy, December 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeeDaGuy

MikeeDaGuy Well-Known Member

My sister gave me 2 passes to fish on the Coroloma out of Hooks Sportfishing and the owner of the landing refused to honor them. I drove from Frazier park to get on after she made the reservation for today and well the guy was a real A-hole and told me to go get on another boat across the harbor. Felix and I offered to pay what he would make for the Coupon and he said go away. Now we are here across the harbor to go fish a different boat.
    Ok rant over, just avoid Hooks Sportfishing!

#1 MikeeDaGuy, December 11, 2011
    Last edited: December 11, 2011
  2. "KNOT HOME"

"KNOT HOME" Well-Known Member

Really??? I mean really??

WTF?

I hope everyone sees this!!!

3. derfsondeck

derfsondeck Well-Known Member

Not good business.Call me Mikee.

4. Yakman

Yakman Well-Known Member

WOW THAT SUCKS MIKEE....hope ya get out on another boat?

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND THE FAMILY!

5. cappo5150

cappo5150 Well-Known Member

wow thats some bull. Thanks for the warning.

6. brick_haus

brick_haus Well-Known Member

WOW that sucks Mikee. How old were the passes? Where they issued prior to the owner change? Were they notified at time of reservation that you were using passes? Some are weekday only...

Even though, they should have been honored just to prove that they are a stand up operation... and to avoid pissing off the GB crew!!! BAD call on his part...

7. sourcreamnjive

sourcreamnjive Well-Known Member

Hope fishing was good fer ya Mikee despite the troubles to get on a boat....not good to piss off on GB member.:slap::moon:

8. MikeeDaGuy

Randy: Yes my Brother WTF!!!!!
    Fred: I called we talked! lol
    Ron: Yes we got out on another boat.
    Juan: Yes some bull 4 sho
    John: The passes were purchased at the end of Sept, beginning of Oct. they are/were valid to use anytime no weekend exclusions. My sister called a week ago for my brother in law and my self to go. She told the landing we would be using these passes she bought online and was told no problem come on down. So these are well after the ownership change.

It went like this as Felix and I walked in holding the passes.

Guy at landing: "Whoa, let me tell you about these passes from that website. Your name has to be listed on the paper to be used."
    Mikee: I said Well these were a gift from my sister, she is listed and I am not.
    Guy behind desk @ Crooks I mean Hooks Landing: Steve I believe:"Well she can use the passes but you can't. Those things started off as a promotional deal and turned into a big fiasco. I am losin money on them, after it is all said and done I think I make $20 bucks on them. Really not a good thing for me. She can buy 1000 of them things and has to gift them to others"
    When my sister called and made the reservations there was no mention of any of this to her, nor that she had to fish. Nor was anything said about gifting or names.
    Mikee: Ok whats it going to take to get me on the Coroloma this morning
    Crooks, Steve: "He said buy 2 fares @ full price."
    Mikee: Screw that I will go get on the twin before I do that.
    Then he smarts off and says I would have worked you a deal before ya said that.
    Felix says: well how bout we give you what you will make on the passes
    Crooks, Steve: "Oh hell no, have your sister call and get her $$ back. You guys can go fishing across the harbor"
    at that point he was being quite the a-hole about the whole thing.

Right wrong or indifferent I just wanted to use a gift that was PAID FOR by my sister and was a gift he would not honor.
    Turns out she paid a 2 for 1 fare and I never paid $75.00 to go on a 3/4 day boat in my life. She paid $37.50 each for the passes

As it turned out we went to Ciscos, used a 2 for 1 pass Felix had from a Ventura coupon book his daughter was selling and THEY HONORED Their Passes we went on the speed twin, light load of 14 I think and had a blast with ppl we know and like us.

Bottom line it was bad business and I will never go to that landing again, very unprofessional and quite rude.

Spend you money were ya like but I gave fair warning!!

When getting a gift of fishing:
    1: call and check the reservations or exclusions or fine print B.S.
    2: Get a name of who ya talked to at the landing or wherever.
    3: There was more I forgot cuz I am tired!

I never in all my years fishing had crap like this come down from a landing owner or landing personnel. Not a good way to run a business for sure!!!

9. brick_haus

brick_haus Well-Known Member

Yea, I think it was over for them before it even started. Must be a write off for them as anyone wanting to make a legitimate go at a real business would approach it a little differently. Especially in this little tight knit community of sportfishing.

10. wils

wils Well-Known Member

Thats pretty messed-up, mikee. Its nice that we have other options with CISCOS and VENTURA.

11. Yakman

Yakman Well-Known Member

Well glad ya got out on the Twin

12. yessokk

yessokk Well-Known Member

Let's see..... the guy has two choices.

1. Welcome the guys to his landing with a big smile, get them on a boat so
    they can fish and have lot'sa fun. The cordial landing owner makes $20. Pleased customers will return bringing friends generating more and better profits.

2. He tells our guys to lump off and go on another boat. He aggravates the
    BD boys, looses $20 and assures himself of much reduced revenue in the future.

It always amazes me how these bozos even stay in business.

Glad you got out anyway and thanks for the heads up on a sad situtation.

Walt

13. Thresher

Thresher Well-Known Member

WOW what a NUMNUT! Customer service has gone bye bye at that joint.

14. walkerman

walkerman Well-Known Member

I went by there Sunday last week...closed up tighter than a drum.

It's sad, because it used to be a better landing than CISCO's. Shows you how things are constantly changing.

15. averagejoe

averagejoe Well-Known Member

Mikee sorry to see you had to deal with poor customer service but I am jazzed you got out on a light load and had a great time. Did you get any pics from the speed twin? Tell Felix i said Hi and best wishes to you and the family. Im still out of town until christmas then off to Phoenix in January. Still time to hook up and do some fishing. Catch you later brother!

16. jodi805

jodi805 Well-Known Member

Sad to hear this I really like the people down at Hooks landing ...Im over there quite a bit visiting friends and hanging out at the water with friends who live in the area.
    I dont know what to say..Sucks that it worked out this way.

Sound like you made lemonaide anyways brotha!!

17. MikeeDaGuy

My sister did get her money back. The coupon was through Spreebird formerly Screamin Daily Deals. He has both that and a Groupon add, to attract business.
    I am lookin to contact someone from Openwater tackle systems, Penn, Avet, Shimano, Tady, Salas and I dunno who else who's gear he had for sale and let them know about this post. I don't believe I would like my product on a businesses shelf who treats customers in this way. There are more than one complain on various sites about him. . . . He screwed up bumpin off a GB member!!! I am so not done yet!!!!

18. skull

skull Well-Known Member

Get'em Mikee!!! Not a good idea to treat people you DONT know let alone a walk in customer like that!!!

SKULL

19. Top Shot

Top Shot Gold Coast Lady Anglers

You would think in this economy people would be happy you even showed up there to give him business....Poor...very poor. It makes it apparent why the other landings are doing so much better.....

20. walkerman

walkerman Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Hooks has gone thru a few ownership changes. They just can't get their sh&t together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.