Flipper Stick!!!

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Flipper, May 6, 2004.

1. Flipper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] hehehe....

2. creekster

creekster Well-Known Member

The one and only, that's nice Mike

3. pEsCaDoR

pEsCaDoR Well-Known Member

lemme guess... dolpins fan? hehehe. very nice looking work so far. who's building it?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Nice wrap job Mike! You are doing better than I am, after afew wraps my fingers start to cramp up lol

Batman

5. Joey805

Administrator

Mike is building the rod himself. Scott at ARC has turned him into a rod building monkey. [​IMG]

6. pEsCaDoR

pEsCaDoR Well-Known Member

that is some VERY nice work. youre gonna be real proud of it when it is finished. just take your time dude. dont be like me. when i build a rod for myself, i want it to be in the water within 4 days! hahaha. one of my rods is still missing the turks head knot at the front of the cork tape handle and ive fished with it twice already hahaha.

7. Finadict

Finadict Well-Known Member

Guys...the pics dont do this wrap job justice! Very nice, tight , clean wrapps...and the colors are AWSOME! I joked withMike, that im going to use that color pattern for the new production rods....that went over like a fart in a crowded elevator! He is a natural at wrapping ....and has learned more in his first 20 rods ...than most do in 50! GREAT JOB MIKE!!

8. Carnivore

Sweet job man. I told you I am jealous I was going to work Scott for that job but you beat me to it hehehe. Looks great but blue and gold with white might have looked better. hehehe.

9. obm7

obm7 Well-Known Member

NOW I can officially say you are the TRUE Dolphins fan. God work and great collors.

[​IMG] OB

10. crawford23

crawford23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Wait wait, nothat's not it....oh here it is.....[​IMG]

Anyways, great looking rod Mike.

[​IMG]

11. Finadict

Finadict Well-Known Member

....hehehe....its 11:30pm...thurs night.....Flippers still at it here at the shop...perfecting the Flipperstick! this rod is lookin way cool!

12. Joey805

Administrator

He needs to call it the Flip Stick [​IMG]

13. Flipper

Yep, this will be my new line of rods... yes.. all my rods from now on will look like this.

I'm hoping to have it finished tomorrow so I will post a picture of the finished flip stick soon... I hope:D

14. Bearfish

Bearfish Well-Known Member

Um, dude, um.....THAT IS FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!! Hey Can I get a family discount there ...um....BROTHER???? Hmmmm. I cant wait to get the dollars for mine. You go good work dude....ever think that you might be a natural at this....its that artsy fartsy thing you have in you....WAIT...Im artsy fartsy too.....YA think Scott would let me try to wrap MY own for a dicounted price? LMAO.....

15. Anotherbite

Anotherbite Well-Known Member

Mike, that rod looks unbelievable. Great work donebuddy. I can't wait to see it in person!

16. Joey805

Administrator

You guys should see the rod Scott made for me a couple weeks ago, its a beauty as well! [​IMG]

17. crawford23

crawford23 Well-Known Member

OOOO look at us. We all have ARC rods. we are so cool. Let's go brag about them............Yeah, I'm jeolous, I want one. I'll get one soon enough.

18. Carnivore

:blahblah:Oh man that looks like a pimps walking stick I swear I would take my Tallus over that any day. Good god you guys sound like a buck a women at a coffee clutch bragging about the pretty little shoes you got at payless. Oh and I got a matching hand bag too nananananana ok I am jealous I admit it hehehehe.

19. Flipper

First coat of finish was put on today... second coat goes on tomorrow... yippee! I have plans to fish Monday at the Channel Islands, and Tuesday at San Clemente Island (with Crawford). I'm hoping to break the "flip stick" in with style:D.

20. Bearfish

Bearfish Well-Known Member

I think I can honestly say that you are a good friend and I really enjoy the hell out of fishing with you. So please dont take this the wrong way Mike, but YOU SUCK!!!! I am so jealous of you right now...Not only are you wrapping rods...but your able to wrap YOUR OWN....OH how I envy you at this point. Dude...you da man.