Goleta Pier(7/28)

Discussion in 'West Coast - Saltwater Pier, Jetty & Harbor Report' started by GoletaLocal, Aug 5, 2015.

1. GoletaLocal

GoletaLocal Member

Hadn't seen a report in awhile so I'll post a report from about a week ago. On tuesday night(7/28) at around 7pm I went over to the local pier. Within a few casts I hooked a juvenile white sea bass in the surf zone on a 3 inch swimbait.I would have hit the sand but it was windy and the water was dirty and had lots of debris. After I got worn out on fishing the surf I walked out near the end to fish the pipeline, On my second cast I hooked something fat, At first I thought it might have been a short lingcod, but to my surprise it was a legal Calico! I caught a few smaller brown rockfish as well but the Calico was definitely the highlight. I kept the Calico which measured to be 16.25" and called it a night at about 9pm. This was my first time out in about 2 months because I've been up north in Oregon/Washington and had elbow surgery which I was recovering from and still am, words cant describe how happy I was to finally go fishing again.!

Attached Files:

2. Nardo

Nardo Well-Known Member

It's nice to see so many juvenile cbass around! I had a charter on Saturday and we caught 4 short cbass while fishing calico on the coast.

3. GoletaLocal

GoletaLocal Member

Yes indeed! I talked to another angler a few weeks and he said he was getting multiple 3-5" baby juvies on a sabiki rig on the pier! Thats an awesome sign. Now if i could only get a legal halibut...:moon:

4. jmoore

jmoore Well-Known Member

Great sign on the short sea bass. A friend of mine caught a 40 plus sea bass several weeks back that had a wire tag when checked. He gave them the head and should get a report back later this year. Can't wait to hear the info.