Goleta Pier Report(September 2015)

Discussion in 'West Coast - Saltwater Pier, Jetty & Harbor Report' started by GoletaLocal, Sep 28, 2015.

1. GoletaLocal

GoletaLocal Member

I haven't seen a report in this thread in sometime so I decided id post one. The past couple weeks I've gone out to Goleta Pier a handful of times and caught some new species for my log, not monsters but its great to see healthy fish. I've noticed the fishing has been good in the late afternoon even when the wind is pushing 10mph from the west. I've been mostly fishing bait exclusively these past couple weeks; ie squid strips, squid heads, squid squid and more squid. Oh and some mackeral too.I didn't measure any of the fish with a measure just eyeballed them because I know how long the pier planks are. I released all these fish, caught a lot of small rockfish(olive,grass,brown) spanish/pacific mackerel as well. File size was too big to embed them so I linked an album. The grass rockfish, Cabezon, and Sculpin were in the 9-11" range. The rock wrasse was tiny, and the Barred Sand Bass was about 12".

http://s752.photobucket.com/user/shorzerk/library/September Pier Fishing

2. MikeeDaGuy

MikeeDaGuy Well-Known Member

Cool, I always had a good time fishing that pier, and great eye candy too!