Hanapa action before work

Discussion in 'Hawaii USA' started by Kauai_Kanseah, August 29, 2011.

1. Kauai_Kanseah

Kauai_Kanseah Well-Known Member

Aloha, had to get out this morning before work, sometimes it just hits me like that, no planning no warning just like the kine stay callin so I go. Fortunately for me, it happens often, maybe 4-5 times a week.

Got yet Another Omilu this morning ;) , could not spend a lot of time tryin to catch live bait. I had some fresh tako I had gotten the other day diving, so brought some out and was dunkin some Tako leg. After settin that rig out brought out the heavy plugs and was pluggin, only got maybe 8 throws out and the bell had hit. It was dark when I left and still dark when the Omilu hit.

Put up a good fight, just had for be careful becasue of the rock ledge I was fishin on and I did not bring lantern out, only had my headlamp. So the picks are of the Omilu and the Tako I had gotten just a couple of days before

Aloha

Attached Files:

2. Carpfisher

Carpfisher Well-Known Member

And you want to downgrade to BSP"S? Looks like you are killin it out there.
    Great pics Richard. Keep the reports coming!!
    Are these keepers or catch and release. Just wondering.

3. beacondawg

beacondawg Well-Known Member

good job brada.hows you brada doin????

4. Kauai_Kanseah

Kauai_Kanseah Well-Known Member

No droppin a line this morning Peoples.. just havin some nice Kona Coffee before headin out the door for work.

Mahalo Paul, I know I get ribbed for my eternal quest for BSP, especially being here on the islands, yet just cant help myself I love catchin and eatin those fish. I guess its the total experience of it I guess.

Hell, if the economy was not so bad out CA way, I would even consider moving out to some coastal town,temporary kine possibly for a year, maybe centeral CA, just to have unlimited access to BSP fishing.

I have been contracted occassionally by a company called Hood Exhibits, which is in Point Richmond. Exhibit industry work, and really high end stuff and excellent pay, yet again, the economy. Last year I went twice, both 3 month contracts or better, this year not one offering. Besides, Richmond is a cesspool and would not want to get shot or worse neva to be able to return home here to the islands.

Depending upon how one views it, the majority of fish I catch is eaten, either by myself or I share with others. Over the years though, a lot of the larger fish I do release. Here in the islands, eating fish is prefered over beef for example, at least with myself it is. Will keep posting, was hoping again to have them posted in the Surf fishing section, if for anything to share with other surf fisherman, yet.....

Andy, my buddy is in a condition which, as mentioned, fightin for his life, just a matter of time. Spoke with his wife, and she mentioned to me that the condition is terminal and of course its just a matter of time. I just feel so bad for his children and wife, he is one hell of a good man and was a damn good Ranger, I guess everyones numba is already written. He is comfortable, the VA is providing of course. Just a shame really

Mahalo's

5. beacondawg

beacondawg Well-Known Member

always remember rich,he will always Ranger on!!!!!!!!!