Heading to Castaic Lagoon in the AM

Discussion in 'Yak Events' started by Sparrow Hawk, December 3, 2010.

1. Sparrow Hawk

Sparrow Hawk Well-Known Member

Im taking the Kayak out for the first time 2morow on Castaic Lagoon if anybody is interested in a few good laughs. LOL
    If anyone else is heading out let me know.

2. tpfishnfool

tpfishnfool Well-Known Member

Good luck. Post results, Good or Bad..

3. Sparrow Hawk

Sparrow Hawk Well-Known Member

Ok, so in my excited hurry to load the kayak and fishing gear I forgot my bait.:blah: No worries though I figured it was more to just get out and be on the water with the new kayak. Hit up the local bait shop for some worms.
    I hit the water about 9am with no wind blowing and only about 5 other small craft on the lagoon. I fished near the buoy by the swim beach opposite the launch in about 60 feet of water. Water temp was around 51 degrees. The fishfinder showed large schools of medium to large sized fish holding between 13 and 30 feet, and then large holding down at 50 to 60 feet. At about 20 feet I kept getting hit on berkley floating trout worms but no hook ups. I tried chigger craws, and brush hogs in 10 feet of water up and down the shoreline with no success. Nightcrawlers - nothing. And the good ol' never let me down squirmin' squirts let me down.
    I paddled a zig zag through the entire lake twice and this was the only area that the fishfinder was indicating fish. Didnt see anyone else landing either.
    All in all I had a great time and love the kayak. Cant wait to do it again!!!

Attached Files: