Kauai Bass Fishing

Discussion in 'Hawaii USA' started by nobeefeatfish, November 21, 2011.

1. nobeefeatfish

nobeefeatfish New Member

Well I am on vacation with my 7 year old son. We bass fish in Spokane Washington and I brought our poles and gear only to find out Wailua reservoir is under maintenance and Kokee is closed Sept 30. Anyone have any suggestions???

2. SFRHoman

SFRHoman Well-Known Member

Tom, that's like Clark Grizwald and Wally World! You take them hostage and demand your bass!

So sorry the place is closed. Check in with some of the locals, hopefully they can point you in the right direction.

3. Kauai_Kanseah

Kauai_Kanseah Well-Known Member

You know there are many ponds and such on Kauai, in Kapaa there is Slogget resevoir, as well as many of the old Plantation canals. With all honestly, Kokee, to cold for the Bass, they get trout yet... Wailua resevoir? are speakin of the one in Kapaa, possibly Slogget resovoir? if so hit up all the canals, there are one pile of them around the lake and have plenty of bass.

I started fishin for Bass and Peakock Bass 7 years ago since moving from Big Island. There are plenty of bass of both species here. Plastic worms and crayfish work good, overall the best.... hookin live Tilapia and throwin them back out. There are small mouth bass as well here. Largest Largemouth I have gotten was around 7 lbs, largest Peakock bass was around the same and I have seen bigger, with both species swimming around

My recommendation to you is, if you no like go up to Kapaa to Slogget resevoir, then hit the surrounding areas for many of the old plantation ditches and ponds, one pile of Peakock and Large mouth bass.