Late report coastal c-bass

Discussion in 'West Coast - Saltwater In-Shore Reports' started by jmoore, Jul 6, 2015.

1. jmoore

jmoore Well-Known Member

Had the chance to get out with a couple of friends before the holiday for a try at the sea bass. Second hand reports plus current conditions i.e. moon phase, water and weather had our hopes high for a successful trip. Got a little bit of a late start but after leaving the harbor we had a smooth ride to the area of recent reports and our lines in the water by 0900 hrs. A few other boats and yaks were on scene already and at least one boat had a nice sea bass on board. We metered around and tried to make squid but only found macs. No other sign so after half an hour we decided to make a move and look for the sign. Moved around until we saw what we were looking for and put out the squid jigs. Bingo squid on!LOL

We set out two rods immediately and went back to making bait. Lots of seals and birds water temp 63 and clean blue. No sooner than we get the bait rig back in the water one rod goes off and then another! Double hook up :) Clear the lines and the fight is on hoping for the right kind. After some hard pulling the fish come to color and yes they are the right kind. Gaff one then the other. High fives and fist bumps two fish in the first 10 min. I think we found our spot!

The next couple of hours were epic as put put 7 more on board for limits of nice grade fish up to just shy of 50lb and we were all alone only a few boats off in the distance. My friend Mark had not been out fishing in almost a year and was just beaming with smiles! Way to get back into it. Had plenty of work to do on the fish so we headed in. Called a buddy who was headed out for an overnight to let him know the scoop and they were rewarded with limits also.

Great day on the water and great to get a friend back in the game. Can't wait to get back out there agin.

Attached Files:

2. "KNOT HOME"

"KNOT HOME" Well-Known Member

3. pete j

pete j Well-Known Member

4. Tuna Vic

Tuna Vic New Member

Wow that was one sweet trip,gotta love the biscuits,my favorite eating fish,WTG!

Cya Tuna Vic

5. HOOCHIE-P

HOOCHIE-P Well-Known Member

epic day John, stoked for you!!

6. wils

wils Well-Known Member

lake fishing. cool. :)

7. spartan44

spartan44 Well-Known Member

8. J Woodman

J Woodman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the report. That is the way to get it done!

9. Rip

Rip Well-Known Member

Having to fillet big c-bass. That's a good problem. Nice work.

10. Michael J

Michael J Well-Known Member

Hot damn the fish are back in! Nice grade too. I'm a bit under the weather but maybe I can get back on my feet and into the water.

Thanks for sharing. MJ.

11. Joey805

Administrator

Hell yes! Way to go fellas! Those beach fish are big ones!

12. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Great report glad to see you getting them.

Alan