Megabaits new Kudao Single Hook System

Discussion in 'Tackle 101' started by geoi310, December 4, 2004.

1. geoi310

geoi310 Member

Megabait just released their new Holographic Kudako Live Jig with Single Siwash and fish skin and foil teaser.

Picture is attached below

[​IMG]

Details are here

E-mail me if you'd like a discount coupon for this.Edited by: geoi310

2. Guests

Guests Active Member

Ok stupid question alert what are these things for???

3. geoi310

geoi310 Member

Tuna, Albacore, Barracuda, Bonito jigs.

These are lures that can be used asjigs, cast and retrieved, - similar to spoons, diamonds, and irons.

These pics are using the original live jig without the single hook and teaser

[​IMG]

The kudako's are new, so we don't have any in the field pics or reviews yet.Edited by: geoi310

4. Carnivore

Sweet looking and did that yellow tail in the pic hit one or is that a photoshop pic? They look bitchin would love to try them out next year when the exotics come in.

5. Finadict

Finadict Well-Known Member

.....and when nothin's biting...they make great earings! lol

Jessy, these are used basically as an alternative to using bait. You cast them out , and wind them back in. As they move through the water while winding , they swim , dart , wobble , and flash....imitating a live baitfish. They can also be jigged, meaning they can be lowered straight down from a boat or pier to a depth thats holding fish and jigged up and down like a yo-yo. The lure will dart up and flutter down, to imitate an injured baitfish.They can even be trolled (dragged behind a moving boat) Lures come in many different styles , shapes , colors , and materials.....hard , soft , with feathers , rattles , lights and scent, to accomodate different fishing conditions , water depths , fishing tecniqes, and types of fish.

Hope this helped[​IMG]

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ohh finaly what I have been waiting for. I'lll take you up on the discounted price and post a revew as soon as I hook something wiht them.

Batman

7. Finadict

Finadict Well-Known Member

Megabaits are AWSOME! I realy like that #17 sardine pattern. Cant wait to try the new ones! I read a report on another board a little while back about a guy who got a swordie to light up on one! He saw the fish finning and the only thing he had rigged and ready was a jigstick with a MegaBait. If I remember right , I think he was even breifly hooked up with the swordie. If this is true, and knowing that roughly one in a thousand baited swordfish will actually bite.....thats a heck of an endorsement for MegaBait.

[​IMG]

8. creekster

creekster Well-Known Member

dude, these jigs look good.......they look quite narrow, i would think there swimming action would be quite different than say a 6x jr, or 45.....looks as though they have a fast sink rate...do they?</font>

9. Sinker

Guys I have used these jigs for awhile although they came with treble hooks. They are very productive and nice and solid - heavy too. I used to use them on the bottom of my Sabiki and got a few White Sea Bass while making bait. Also got popped at Ventura Pier by a big Spotfin while using my Sabiki (very light Sabiki) that ended up with my favorite jig. Stopped using them after that at the pier as I needed a light weight Sabiki and it couldn't stand up to the larger fish that hit the jig. Off-Shore when using a heavier duty Sabiki this jig is always at the bottom of it as the Mac's like it as well and the Bonito leave teeth marks.....

George thanks for the heads up. I can't wait till the Bonito are running here in Florida as they tend to be nice sized fish and in very large feeding frenzy schools. It is non stop action thats hot and heavy when you are in the middle of it.

Here is Twister with one

[​IMG]

10. Flipper

I'm starting to get into megabaits myself. Ive seen those but haven't tried them yet... they look sweet! Right now... I'm using the Megabait Bucktail jigs... but I may need to buy a couple of these new ones.:D

11. EnHaNcEd R

EnHaNcEd R Well-Known Member

these jigs are good i caught all find of fish with it. I caught yellowtail,bonito,tuna,sandbass,cuda and lots more........ u guy should try this out . this is the one i always used.

[​IMG]

12. Guests

Guests Active Member

I HAVE TO LEARN TO CAST??? Oh great I am in big trouble. Do people laugh at you on the charter boats if you can't cast??

13. Joey805

Administrator

You usually don't cast much on the party boats. They put you right over the fish most of the time so all you really need to do is drop straight down. :D

14. Guests

Guests Active Member

Oh ok so these are more for private boats then anything else. Thanks for the info that will save me a few bucks.

15. Flipper

yeah... party boats get loaded with passengers, so overhead casting can be a no no. Lots of people that cast on those boats simply underhand cast... and those that really cast allot should be on the bow of the boat where there aren't as many anglers.

16. creekster

creekster Well-Known Member

see ya on the bow!! Flipper!!</font>

17. Bearfish

Bearfish Well-Known Member

I got ONE of those things...not a mega bait but man....that thing is FUUUUUUN to cast. Country miles and then some.....Ive been hit on em by stiper but since I wasnt payin attention I haven caught anything on it yet...hehe...duh. I want to get myself set up with a bunch of that stuff soon.

18. vmfnb

vmfnb Well-Known Member

ON the New Del mar i usually cast far out. I think if you just make sure you know what your doing you'll be alright. Except this guy Mo caught knocked upsided his head witha 5 in tady last weekend. but besides that usually no problem on casting

19. EnHaNcEd R

EnHaNcEd R Well-Known Member

i always cast far out on the new del mar too. I always yell " going out" before i cast and always look behind me....

20. OpporTUNAty

OpporTUNAty New Member

So what size single hooks. I hear 4/0 to 6/0 owners.