Never posted before.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bodie, May 9, 2013.

1. Bodie

Bodie New Member

First post for me on get bent. but not the last.

2. sfrjohn

sfrjohn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site

3. MikeeDaGuy

MikeeDaGuy Well-Known Member

Like my Brother John said. . . . welcome to the site. . . . its great here tons of info and great ppl too!!!

4. Troy G

Troy G New Member

Mid 80's Mercury 200 hp Black Max - Blown Piston

Hello new family,

I'm really new to boating and to this site and I already need some expert/professional advice...:)

I just found out that my 1985 Critchfield CC Johonson 88 SPL boat has a bad/weak/rotted transom and it is not re-pairable.:sad: The mechanic said I should consider buying another boat:sad::sad:. Yes, this did brake my heart all night and day long; until I came across a Mercury that needed a piston rebuilt or the power head replaced. The hull seems to be sound. Do you think it's worth investing in the Mercury Black Max or not? Or should I keep looking for someone to fix the transom on the Critchfield? Do you think the Black Max engine will hold up for at least 3-5 years? Thank you all in advance for your replys because I really do want to get Black Max. The seller suggeted I sell my Critchfield and buy the boat and then save up to get the motor fixed...approx. $1500. I have not idea what to do or which way to go? Thanks again.