1. odnealtim

odnealtim Member

hello fishermen,would just like to say hey,been checking out this web site for some time now and just wanted to say ...what a great group of guys....im getting back into fishing so cal.havent for many years moved away with family, yada yada yada used to fish and work on the boats out of san diego 20 years ago or so ...going on a 2 day on ranger 85 middle of month gearing up..alot has changed with line and so forth ..anyways,checked out bloodydecks.....what a bunch a sniffling lil bitches on there ..way too much drama for me.good to see this site is not that way,ill keep ya posted on my trip should be a great one and good luck out there

2. rebelscott

rebelscott Active Member

welcome fish on bro

3. sfrjohn

sfrjohn Well-Known Member

Welcome Tim, I'm CM on the Ranger 85 trip. Look forward to meeting you.

4. derfsondeck

derfsondeck Well-Known Member

Welcome to Get Bent Tim.Yeah those Bloodydeckers are all Homo-sissy's.Have fun on the Ranger If johns there you're gonna have a good trip he got the ju-ju this year!Oh yeah if theres a tall blonde kid decking on the boat tell him you barfed in your bunk clean up on aisle 5!

#4 derfsondeck, June 5, 2013
    Last edited: June 5, 2013
  5. derfsondeck

derfsondeck Well-Known Member

Oh yeah got a friend in Pahrump his names Drew he's Albacrazy round here
    (look out though he's a Bloodydecker!)

6. MikeeDaGuy

MikeeDaGuy Well-Known Member

Hmm and yer not. . .

Welcome to the site Tim, good people and great times shared here. . . you will have a blast on the Ranger Trip and if John is there just stand back and watch him go lol

7. beacondawg

beacondawg Well-Known Member

welcome brada

8. odnealtim

odnealtim Member

thanks everybody for the warm welcoming...anyways quick question...new to the spectra thing,fished with it last year with my bro on a 2 day out of long beach...anyways gotta a new real to me diawa 30th and got a spool of 65 lb power pro for rockfish and what not out on this 2 day on ranger 85 anyways my question is spooling it myuself should i use black tape first on the spool to help it hold better? been doing some research and this is what i have read ...any help will be appreciated seeing as how im new to the new tech. as i said ity has been awhile since i have fished,thanks for the help

9. MikeeDaGuy

MikeeDaGuy Well-Known Member

I personally use the finger wrap stuff but something should be used so the spectra does not spin.

10. sfrjohn

sfrjohn Well-Known Member

The finger tape works for me to.