newer boat

Discussion in 'Boat Talk' started by jodi805, September 24, 2015.

1. jodi805

jodi805 Well-Known Member

Never shudda sold my little 17ft boat!
    Got a bigger seaworthy boat for a big fat guy (much bigger than anybody here)
    It needed a motor so I got my buddies 350 Vortec motor we put about 1400 into it and the installation - turned it on and a valve stuck open and it clanked a bit and died! i wasng there at the moment.So we took it to the shop basically my mechanic wanted to do the minimum and said it would be a great motor but the rebuilder said he would NOT run it in that condition - it had a little bit of rust in one of tthe cylinders. ...Anyways itll be completely rebuilt head to toes and ready tomorrow friday only 3 weeks late and several thousands over budget!
    Sometimes I think of the money I'll have into this boat and what I coulda got but actually it is kind of a nice boat and it will have a new motor in it and that really does mean alot to me especially after capsizing years back.
    I'll post some pictures of the boat after it's together nothing special but I like it.
    After rereading this I was about half bored to death so my next post will be some pictures and hopefully some fish! see you guys!

2. JeremyTA

JeremyTA Well-Known Member

can't wait for pics!!

3. Carnivore

Very cool on the new sled but sorry to hear of the headaches. They come with all boats... remember boat is Bust Out Another Thousand.

4. eDUBz

eDUBz Well-Known Member

That's why I will never own a boat, maintaing an Rv is much easier. At least you will have a freshly rebuilt motor on the water.

5. skipjack

skipjack Well-Known Member

Hopefully you have some good trips when you get it back.

6. jodi805

jodi805 Well-Known Member

Yeah im lookin forward to it for sure...i was told to make shure i have good exaust manifolds who do i take them to to check out?

7. skipjack

skipjack Well-Known Member

The exhaust manifolds and risors should be replaced every 5-6 years.
    I've seen factory volvopenta manifolds last 10 years but I wouldn't take a chance using them that long,chance of ruining the engine.