NO TROUT FOR CACHUMA!!!!!!

Discussion in 'West Coast - Freshwater Reports' started by Rip, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Rip

Rip Well-Known Member

Yep, that is what it's looking like right now. I just read it in an article in noozhawk. Apparently the state didn't like the fact that the county was stocking the lake with trout so there was a letter sent, from the state, to stop stocking the lake with trout. As if the 30 day quarantine wasn't enough now this!! AAHhHHhHHH!!!!

2. creekster

creekster Well-Known Member

Jake do you have a link to that article?

3. Rip

Rip Well-Known Member

Things like this really make me consider moving outta this state!!!

4. creekster

Man, this makes me sick.:censored: idiots.

#5 creekster, Nov 10, 2014 at 8:52 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
  5. pete j

pete j Well-Known Member

Im with creekster and rip on this one freekin morans. Me and my wife have caught some sweet trout there but stopped going when the new boat protocal was handed out. Now it looks like we will never go back even to try are luck from the shore. Man were bummed cause it was great for when the saltwater fishing was out of season we would troll cachuma till salt was back on, some of the best ever for us freshwater fishing was there:( i wonder if they will stop lopez to?

6. Carnivore

Ok let's be clear here. It wasn't a random thing. The lawsuit brought a few years back by the envirowhackos is what is causing this. Now an impact study has to be done to see what damage the stocking will do to the eco system. That is on the whackos and their BS lawsuit. Part of the previsions of the suit is the study must be made and it isn't cheep. So the county went around the state and stocked it anyway. Now that has caught up to them.

As much as I hate the state this one is on the wingnut treehumpers not the state.

7. bajadave

Too many Treehumping wackos run the state.

8. AQUATONIC

AQUATONIC Well-Known Member

Ya, a carbon copy of Lake Piru. Have not been trout stocked in there for what 3-4-5 years? I to am ready to sell off and move up or on. My boat sits and rots in the driveway. The "public resource" is and has been pulled out from underneath us. Both in ocean (What coastal Halibut??? which lake or ocean to take the kids, friends and neighbors to and have great chance of making a productive-LOCAL- day on the water in a/my boat.....Every year its gets worse it seams...I just wonder where is the outrage from us users on this!??.. There is a link on Capt David Bacons informative article to e-mail your feelings on this-I have, and us concerned fisher people should also! The more the better!

9. wils

wils Well-Known Member

I HATE not being able to catch fish that look like this:

[​IMG]

and taste like.......................

PS: Since you all have time to post to this thread, you ALSO have time to send in your letter or show up in person. the good Capt Bacon has provided you with the first steps in his blog. (those hyper-link thingies in the article that are in pink) step up to the plate and let the "morons" know what you think and how you might vote when it comes time.... having someon who is profishunt in speeling and grmmatycle usages prufrede yore letters might be advisable, alsooo

#10 wils, Nov 11, 2014 at 2:42 PM
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  10. Rip

Rip Well-Known Member

Wils, I sent my emails as soon as I read this and yes that trout in the picture looks ugly, probably been in the sun all day. However the most important thing in that picture is the look on the kid's face. Stocked trout is a great way to get the young ones in to fishing and going outdoors. If we don't get more kids outdoors then the envirowackos will win.

11. creekster

12. Carnivore

Having been on the front lines of the firearms fight in this state I can tell you that the representatives don't care. They are locked into their districts backed by the state workers unions and the pot smoking, welfare hippy crowd. Law after law taking away the natural rights we are supposed to have is their number one agenda and the only way to keep them back is beat them in court. Problem is that our side has to fund the battle while their side continues to use Tax payer money to pay theirs. If this F:censored:G representatives had money in the fight or were looking at jail time for their countless infringes on rights they would think twice. Since they are protected, it is a loosing proposition until the state goes broke and the freeloaders leave for greener pastures.

People think it is bad now, in four years a new election will most likely give us Nusome as Governor and this state will be absolute HELL then. That F-tard will sign any bill the legislature sends his way as long is it blocks off land access to everyone. :ukliam2:

13. wils

wils Well-Known Member

Rip - it sounds like your e-mail makes 2.

The links also gives time and dates of the opportunity to do a face-to-face.

14. SnickSnack72

SnickSnack72 Well-Known Member

weak! And not like there is tons of places to catch wild trout down south too! Up here trout are everywhere! I remember as a kid hiking Piru Creek and down and around paradise road for miles with my grandpa and smashing big trout. Haven't been there in years, but here you gotta go pretty far back to find the fish now.

15. SnickSnack72

Well said Bill! Just don't get your merds wixed up!

16. AQUATONIC

AQUATONIC Well-Known Member

This is my E-mail,for what its worth! I'm PO'ed

I have been a nature loving-supporting outdoorsmen my whole life. I have supported the fish and game-wildlife thru license fees for 39 years! My first fishing experience were in the ocean off Malibu and in Lake Cachuma and its headwaters. Later in life when I became able I bought a fishing boat and am into my third vessel. My fishing opportunities have slowly dwindled and/or have been taken away from me and my family and extended fishing and camping friends. I "Had in the past " trailer my boat many times a year to Lake Piru, with handfuls of young inspired neighborhood kids. Getting them off their electronic toys that keep them indoors and taught them the love of our local lake, its animals, and always were rewarded with trout and smiles and a on a little life lesson! 4-5 years ago the Piru trout were taken away by a lawsuit or threat of one (what is the university of Arizona have to do with Piru Trout ?)- something was this something for the law students to "Practice on" ???) At this point I have no reason or want to travel to Piru. What good has this done for the millions of people that live and had access to use this put and take fishery ? The concessioner at Piru and the marina is/has and will be struggling since then and this will happen at Cachuma also. These waters are a public resource and should be used as such, I feel this is wrong, the public is being robbed of a most important resource for all no matter economic / income level of user. Please do the right thing and stand up for us humans for god or our sake !
    Not Sincerely, Californians have been cheated out of our resource ! Todd Dillmann and 100.000 plus cheated users !

17. wils

wils Well-Known Member

Humans worried about "genetic purity"?

that's just funny right there....for some reason.

18. SnickSnack72

good read... But, whens the last time a steelie made its way down river to a fish ladder then to the ocean in ventura county?? I'd love to know... My good buddies dad ran the Freeman diversion dam off 118. Bass fishing of epic proportions... epic... But the 10 + years I fished the ponds and canals with my buddy at least weekly, and talking to the biologists who took the bass, panfish and catfish out of the fish ladder holds and placed them into the holding ponds, there was never once steelhead that made it down in that time... It would have been a huge deal in their household... They are actually finding that the fish ladders hurt the populations. That's why casitas popped in the new rock wall.... The only Steel head I have potentially caught were at the united water dam at piru. Theres a flow gate they run water through and theres a ton of trout stacked in there. Only United Water personnel can access. And they were too small to tell if they were steelies or not. They are everywhere up here