1. JeremyTA

JeremyTA Well-Known Member

im heading down to oceanside for about a week and wanted to know if there are any good spots to fish down there?, i was probably going to hit up the pier for one day and maybe a jetty or surf?. i will for sure take pictures WHEN not if i catch something :rockon:

2. SnickSnack72

SnickSnack72 Well-Known Member

San Ononfre is good! If you rent a kayak you can get out to the kelp beds outta scripps or la jolla. Maybe take a shot at a yellowtail! Ive had lucks in the lagoons around Carlsbad for sand bass and halibut. Especially in spawn. Might want to just pop and hop on a 1 day out of the harbor too,. They smash fish and will go down to Mexico even on a 1 day. You pretty much can catch fish anywhere down there... I've also heard of some Dorado coming on the troll

3. JeremyTA

i ended up just going to oceanside pier for a couple of hours, my sister is about to pop(8 months pregnant at the time) and didn't want to stay very long and since i was visiting her and her husband i didn't get much fish time.. but when the kid comes i will be down there again... any good fishing even as late as the end of november?

4. SnickSnack72

The water is just going to get warmer! You should pop the money, rent or buy a good ocean rod and reel and hop on a party boat. The 1 day trips even make it down to Mexico!

5. JeremyTA

ive got the gear, well i lost my salitist 40 to something massive in the surf lol! but i have plenty of gear. i think you're right on with the 1 day trip! do i need a passport to fish?

6. SnickSnack72

they handle everything for you at the landing. I did a 1 day we headed down to mexico and they handled all the mexican permits and licenses. I have slayed halibut in carlsbad lagoons during spawn... you can literally step on them if not careful. And they have those jacks that jump all over the place. Got smacked by one kayaking in there. good luck! You should check out scripps and la jolla too! Theres some nice spots from shore if you want to hop around the rocks

7. JeremyTA

sweet, ill be down there more often now that i have a nephew down there. gotta find my sweet spot down there!