OMOTO REELS

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by greyghost, April 16, 2009.

1. thunder5l

thunder5l Member

By the way, we have all parts to service VS, ULISES and Poseidon series to serve our customers. Our turn around time on a reel servicing is one day. For parts, we will ship out the same day.
    We have much better before and after customer service than others.

2. Finadict

Finadict Well-Known Member

Man, I dont know where you get your bogus information from, but you are so far from the truth here its absurd. Try checking your facts before you post them. Avets are proudly designed, machined, and assembled here in the USA. Chatsworh CA to be precise. As far as any parts being made overseas? I dont recall going anywhere other than to the factory in Chattsworth for 8 hrs every day to machine gears, knobs, clicker dogs, bushings, cams, spindles, frames, spools,...every single part for every reel IN HOUSE. The only thing not made in house are some screws, and bearings..which are purchased from several domestic manufacturers in and around the LA area. The 25+ multi-axis precision CNC lathes, mills, and gear cutters arent sitting on the factory floor for decoration, they run every day, some 24 hrs a day...making the "Chinese" internals here in the USA.

3. venturarodandlure

venturarodandlure Well-Known Member

I'm with Scott. Apparently you haven't been to Chatsworth,Ca to check out the Avet factory. With all the CNC mills they have why would they outsource when they could make better quality parts cheaper and be able to do quality control in house?

4. WanderingBlues

WanderingBlues Well-Known Member

I'll stick with Avet. I like knowing there are guys like Finadict that contribute to our boards and are also putting out product they would be proud to fish. Not knocking Omoto at all, just looking to support the folks that are local.

5. thunder5l

thunder5l Member

Hey, I was just saying what the AVET representative was telling during an ICAST show. I did not say the frame, spool are not machined in the US. Don't be hating. Because you did not want to hear. I know it is hard for your die hard fans to hear that. I understand totally. PEACE OUT!!!

6. Wandering Blues Jr.

Wandering Blues Jr. Well-Known Member

I don't know. 7 posts, all to do with a product you are selling...... Sounds like an infomercial or spam.

How about contributing some good fish reports, pics, tips etc...... Then, folks would be inclined to listen to you a bit more. Even better, kick a reel down to one of the moderators or administrators for a GB charter and let everyone have at it to see for themselves. I'm just saying....

7. thunder5l

thunder5l Member

If you want report on this reel, you can send e-mail to Alan Tani. I assume you know who is Alan Tani. If you don't, go check out his website alantani.com.

8. freshonefish

freshonefish Well-Known Member

Easy Guys.... When I first went to this site it was because somebody asked a question about a product I invented ( grip-n-hook, I am not trying to promote it ). This site does a great job at sharing info on all the fishing info you need. Gear, what's happening on the water, events, sharing ideas and so on.
    I own 11 avets and love every one of them. When I bought my Omoto I was just wanting to try something different. Some people can't afford to put out $300 to $500 for a nice high end reel. A two speed reel in the Poseidon Series runs from $229 Poseidon 12ll to $389 Poseidon 50ll. I like my Michelins but can't put them on all my cars.
    I was on a 7 day Vag trip that was another test for these. Pulled on over 50 tuna with no issues at all. The Poseidon 12ll is one of Mike Lackey's favorite reels now, says they will be the next Guadalupe killer because of the 1.6:1 low gearing. Yea 54 to be exact, ony kept 9. I got witnesses--one of them put a post on this board about the trip.
    Been fishing the west coast since I was 5 in Mission Beach. Just love being on the water, meeting new people and learning more and sharing my love of the game with people hoping they will do the same. Keep the line tight and the tip up ......

9. Corr

Corr Well-Known Member

To get this thread back to where it started. These reels OMOTO FISHING TACKLE are very popular here.

Fishing is very rugged and reels get bashed, dunked, and generally fished hard and the Omoto's seem to last as well as any brand name while being significantly cheaper.

I will probably buy one eventually.

PS I have no ties to the tackle industry whatsoever, am just a very active angler!

10. thunder5l

thunder5l Member

New OMOTO's spinners. Now let's the bashing begins....

[​IMG]

Description​

• CNC machine-cut 6061-T6 aluminum body and rotor​
    • Reel engineered to handle heavy drag pressure Sealed, water-resistant drag and body ​
    • Multi-disc carbon/stainless drag system
      Lock nut spool design​

• Stainless steel gears​
    • 14+1 stainless steel bearings​
    • Manual Bail Return​
    • Drag power max at 30kg​
    Model​
    Ball Bearing ​
    Gear Ratio​
    Line Capacity​
    Weight​
    Lb / Yds
    5000​
    14+1​
    4.4:1​
    40/400 50/300 (Braid line)
    20/220 25/190 (Mono line)

880g​
    5000H ​
    14+1​
    6:1​
    880g​

11. greyghost

greyghost Well-Known Member

don't care for them, will wait for the next generation, might be a little bit better...

12. freshonefish

Gabe,
    Which reel did you fish. Are you on the 976-Tuna trip coming up on the New Lo-Ann Friday 13Th to Sunday 15th

13. freshonefish

Point Loma Sportfishing now carries the Poseidon S series reels. They only have the 2 speeds at this time. Talked to AD he said other models will soon be in.

14. Finadict

Finadict Well-Known Member

Im not hating at all..simply pointing out your information is TOTALLY wrong. Not only are the spools and frames made here in the USA, but every part inside and out are made here. Whatever you think you heard from an Avet rep at ICAST is false. It isnt a matter of what I want to hear or not..I know the facts...I make the parts you have insisted on every known message board are made in China. So you obviously DONT understand totally.

15. skipjack

skipjack Well-Known Member

Its not right for him to give out wrong info on Avet reels...spam those chinese omotos somewhere else...

16. WanderingBlues

WanderingBlues Well-Known Member

:appl::appl::appl:

17. One_Leg

One_Leg Well-Known Member

Does anyone else use tripods for rod holders? I have never seen anything like this.
    I see them rods going right in the drink unless the bail is open or the drag is incredibly loose.
    I can see that they are baitrunners, but what if you get distracted and the fish spool you?
    [​IMG]

18. 0831ww

0831ww Member

That's how we fish up here from shore around Fraser River, with a bell at the tip, sometimes we use chicken as bait, we leave it like that for a few hours.

19. venturarodandlure

venturarodandlure Well-Known Member

Those Omoto reels are awesome...not. Not a ripoff of Avet or anything like that. Give me a break with this junk. Trying to mislead people about Avet's products is not surprising from an outsourced, offshore, reel company trying to break into the market. I don't think you guys have a lot to worry about Scott...

#59 venturarodandlure, December 8, 2009
    Last edited: December 8, 2009
  20. Lops

Lops Well-Known Member

LMAO u always notice the weirdest crap
    hahaha
    thats pretty tight those tripods, a damn expensive rod holder too LOL