Pau Hana

Discussion in 'Hawaii USA' started by Kauai_Kanseah, September 6, 2011.

1. Kauai_Kanseah

Kauai_Kanseah Well-Known Member

Aloha everyone, today was absolutely gorgeous, Although I was workin, the weather was awesome, 86 degree's, small kine trades and clear sky's. The water was FLAT.

Ok I drive about 5 miles from the house I was workin on,off an old Cane haul road, and a bit out of the way. Ok I stay walkin from my jeep down the trail, and the bottom of the Trail I see Toa, an unemployed Electrician friend of mine. He stay carrying something of good size on his shoulders, I get closer, and yep, he get one monster of an Ulua on his shoulders. The thing was at least 55 lbs, funny thing is he had get'm during the day and while whippin a 5oz plug. Good for him, Akua must have known he needed for help feed his ohana so now he can :)

Ok I get to the spot I like fish, I was planning on doing some whippin with some plugs today, nothing major, not lookin to fill the ice box, yet just for relax and unwind..... pau Hana time

This place I went for whip today is pretty awesome, really shallow reef on low tide, yet walkin 40 yards out to the edge of the reef.... All open BLUE WATER... right of the ledge it drops down to maybe 30 plus feet immediately. So, I give'm. This place is one of the places I go for dive for tako and lobster, yet diving during the evening.... Big Kine Tigers and Hammers run around here and they stay hungry.

The first fish I had get was one Moana Kali, plenty people like eat, I could do without, yet will eat when need. I sometimes use these for bait, I slide them out live and hook up with Ulua with them. The second fish I was baffled, I had get one Hagi... while whippin a first for me. Plenty people like eat this fish, just fly'm on the grill for Puleho, skin gets dark and hard, ready for eat.

I did get a few Papio, small kine, 1-4 lbs. Overall I was just happy for get out, again bueatiful day for Holo Holo and was happy for do so.

Aloha

Attached Files:

2. echo1er

echo1er Well-Known Member

HANA PA'A....
    good job brah. da water look so clear. Thanks for da report yeah. A next time go throw out the crab net. That's some Good pok'e right there.

3. mglindo

mglindo Well-Known Member

Wahoo! Great pictures brah! Makes me homesick though. I gotta plan a trip home real soon. Gotta get my poke fix. Mahalo.