Ports, jetty, and pier report

Discussion in 'West Coast - Saltwater Pier, Jetty & Harbor Report' started by Dreyrincon, February 20, 2012.

1. Dreyrincon

Dreyrincon Member

Fished off some marina off ferry st within the los Angeles ports....got there around 7 am...my niece nailed 3 huge rock bass, 2 big butter mouth perch and another huge perch...I think they are called rainbow perch...then it died....

Went to the queen Mary bay short piers...fished off the rocks...nothing. Just a few bites....I was amazed because 7 years ago my brother and I would be the only ones fishing from these piers and catching a lot. Now it's so sad and rude that 3 people on one pier need 15 poles? Taking up space...just seriously rude and I won't be surprised that these are the people taking home 13 inch halibut

Grissom island jetty was cool..nailed a lizard fish and didn't leave my number lol other than that you gotta put up with tourists and curious people walking around you and taking star fish from the rocks and putting them in bags...poachers? Seriously people don't take star fish home. This jetty has a lot of potential to be great... FYI be warned that ex convicts seem to love fishing here

Belmont pier. Apparently someone caught a 18 inch sculpin. Other than that they sell 7 dollar hamburgers....seriously?!

Seal beach pier... Picked up 2 crabs from the net I got on a great deal at big fish bait shop....awesome shop...other than that a small sand dab, small thorn back, and got a number from one of the rubys waitresses going to work. If you love eating white croaker and mackerel than i suggest you come here and get some lol this Korean dude got 4 croaks and 9 mackerel. Makes no sense. Why eat bait?

Just to let u all know I'm gonna post reports a lot. I love fishing. This site is awesome. Going fishing this wedensday and weekend...so be ready.

-Drey

2. beacondawg

beacondawg Well-Known Member

great breport brada,now throw in some pic's. keep them coming.

3. cappo5150

cappo5150 Well-Known Member

Nice job getting out. Are u related to Lokey?

4. Dreyrincon

Dreyrincon Member

My brother.

5. mullet13

mullet13 Active Member

There is a 2 pole limit or one pole one hoop net per person rule on all peirs.

Mike

6. Karim

Karim Well-Known Member

at the venice beach pier too, i find it extremely rude to see some dudes take the whole end with their 20 poles in each hole.
    i had an argument with one of them who caught a black sea bass and took forever to release it, then while i was taping the whole thing, they threw the poor bsb over the pier and slammed on the surface. died right on the scene.
    i posted the video on youtube.

7. dudewarner

dudewarner Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing --sounds like you were busy

8. yahveh23

yahveh23 Member

were is that marina off ferry st located. i wanna try that out as welll.