Ranger 85 1.5 day weekend trip

Discussion in 'West Coast - Saltwater Off-Shore & Island Reports' started by C.I. Sportfishing, May 8, 2011.

1. C.I. Sportfishing

C.I. Sportfishing Well-Known Member

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]I just got off the sat phone with the Captain Dustin on the RANGER 85. They are returning today from another Channel Islands 1.5 day trip with 21 anglers onboard.
    Trip total includes 84 Lingcod to 20lbs, 420 Rockfish, 16 Whitefish and 1 Barracuda.
    The guys had limit style fishing on the lings and rockfish. They spent some time targeting halibut and seabass, and did note a rise in water temperature over last weekend’s trip. Dustin also indicated there were signs of seabass on the electronics and feels if conditions remain stable, we should be poised for some game fish in the counts comin’ up.
    Sounds like all onboard had a great trip and will be returning around noon to spend the rest of the day celebrating the holiday.
    We have several 1.5 and 2 Day Trips available on our schedule…check them out @ RANGER85.com.
    We’ll see you at the rail,
    Capt. Frank[/FONT]

2. TheChickenOfTheSea

TheChickenOfTheSea Well-Known Member

I was on this trip, EPIC! Full report with pics tomorrow! GO RANGER 85!

3. Joey805

Administrator

84 lingcod!? Dang!

4. TheChickenOfTheSea

TheChickenOfTheSea Well-Known Member

Heres a teaser pic. Tomorrow ill have more.

Attached Files:

5. vdiggy

vdiggy Well-Known Member

Ive seen 2 day limits of 15-28 lb lings. That's some fun fishing. Can't wait to see more pics.