ready to try going to anacapa

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by pete j, Sep 2, 2017.

1. pete j

pete j Well-Known Member

I have been boating for at least 7 years now and I have posted on here since then. Ive had a mercury inflatable 12 ft with merc 15 hp four stroke, a 12 foot valco which had a 6 hp evinrude and 15 hp merc, a 16 ft general marine tri hull with a yamaha 50 hp 2 stroke whichI loved alot. Sold that and bought a bayliner 16 ft capri cuddy which has force 85 hp. it has alot of free board runs great and holds alot but I want to take a trip to the islands. Never been there but I have been to gaviota and everywere else. But never overnight so what Im looking for is how do I spend the night with my old lady being safe and a place to hide at night and just be safe . I hope you all understand but I have never been overnight and Im kinda SCARED ON WHAT TO DO Thanks all

2. phishy

phishy Well-Known Member

Best thing to do is buddy boat with someone your first trip, helps with the nerves having someone you know out there, other then that, Just make sure you have all you safety gear in order, pick a great weather day, and head out. Anacapa isnt that far, 13 miles from CI harbor.

3. Terry C

Terry C Active Member

My advice would be to pick your days carefully go early and get out of there late morning. Anchoring for the night is better done at Cruz. Thats an awfully small boat IMO my son has a boat similar to yours and I wont let him go offshore. I ran a 20' CC out there for a long time and had some brutal trips back in. Don't mean to be a downer.