Salmon Monterey Bay 4-20-16 (Finally got one)

Discussion in 'West Coast - Saltwater In-Shore Reports' started by dudewarner, Apr 20, 2016.

1. dudewarner

dudewarner Well-Known Member

Slow at work so decided to try for the third time to get a salmon and I finally did after 6hrs. of trolling and going around the entire bay , I found one at 150ft down on bait in 300 ft. of water, It was a small 27in. wild fish with bright red meat - (I'LL TAKE IT) saw about a hundred whales today quite a site. Going surf fishing for stripers now, the fishing is only getting better!!!!

DSCF2292 (640x480).jpg

DSCF2294 (640x480).jpg

DSCF2296 (640x480).jpg

2. Carnivore

Nice...very cool. They are seeing very few down this way. Sure was hopping for a good year but....

3. jmoore

jmoore Well-Known Member

Good to hit your target glad you got one. Only about 6 reported this season out of Avila but some don't report. Still lots of effort for very few fish. Send some of those stripers down this way. I am sure they pull harder than perch.

4. Joey805

Administrator

That's some good eating fish right there. Trolling for 6 hours doesn't sound too fun but at least it paid off for ya. Enjoy dinner :cool2:

5. SnickSnack72

SnickSnack72 Well-Known Member

HECK YA CHARLIE! That's a nice chrome colored fish! The run up here into the delta system was low last year, but the river flows are excellent so far this year. We are expecting a good season in the rivers! My bass tournament partner caught a 17 lb steelhead we released a few weeks back. It was super silver. The Salmon in the delta re usually brown/red.... The mokelumne usually kicks out some silver colored fish! Glad to see you got on em!

6. MikeeDaGuy

MikeeDaGuy Well-Known Member

Grub is grub. . . very nice and congrats! Limits Next Trip Charlie!

Thanks for the report!