Sat June 4th

Discussion in 'Kayak Central' started by FISHHEAD, June 7, 2005.

1. FISHHEAD

FISHHEAD Well-Known Member

I got out on the kayak with Blacklion (marvin) saturday for my first beach launch! It turned out to be not too tough, well I took a wave over the head but I made it LOL. I met up with Marvin at 5 AM and we headed to a spot that we have surf fished together in the past because the surf is usually small. We walked the kayaks down and decided that we would launch there. Not long after the grey light we got wet.....LOL.

Paddled out and set up the rods. After setting up we paddled a little north to a small "kelpy" Area that we thought would produce some fish. Itdid produce a couple but very far from WFO!!!

I was just glad to be out with Marvin in the yak.

We threw swimbaits (various shapes sizes and colors) I ended up with a decent calico bass and sure enough marvin pulled on a very fiesty wsb and a sand bass. It was a short but a good sign that the seabass are making a comeback everywhere.

Well I made a bait tank and I will be harbor fishing in the AM!

heres marvin with the seabass.....sorry my picture phone sucks!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BlackLion

BlackLion Well-Known Member

Matt,

Yes, it was a bit slow out there, but fun to be able to paddle around out there with you. Conditions were a bit rough at times (wind and swell) especially for this area but it definitely didn't slow you down any! You are a natural my friend. I did not do half as well as you did on my first beach launch and I didn't even have any fishing gear on that one! It was good to get out there with you and hope to do it again real soon.

Here are a couple pictures of Matt on the new Kayak.

Matt with his calico

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Matt Paddling

[​IMG]

BlackLion

3. Joey805

Administrator

Right on guys! Glad to see Matts first surf launch wasn't to brutal. Those are some sweet lookin yaks!

They should do just fine at the islands

[​IMG]

4. YakSailor

YakSailor Well-Known Member

Whoa! You guys are dedicated to be out there at 5am, but that is the best time as far as the wind goes. I'm glad that you hooked up on some good fish. Could you see any bait smelt in the water? I'll bet that there are flatties lurking down there. I can see some rocks in the background and bet there's some good structure under the kelp.

-YakSailor

5. ODH33

Right on guys! looks like a lot of fun

6. Skunkmaster

Skunkmaster Well-Known Member

gotta try yaking some time, it looks like a blast!

7. Anotherbite

Anotherbite Well-Known Member

WTG fellas! Looks like a blast!