shark lady is gone

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by chance, September 2, 2012.

1. chance

chance Well-Known Member

to all of our getbent family sharklady had a massive heart attack tuesday but as of saturday morning nurologist told me she would never recover was basicly braindead
    we still have her on life support so that the family can see her before the cremation she is at saint joesph burbank in icu thank you all for make her life so great for knowing all of you

2. Anotherbite

Anotherbite Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear this Chance! She was a friend to many and a special person. Sending good thoughts and cnndolences your way!

3. bajadave

So sorry Chance................we were just talking about her yesterday on our charter. My condolences

4. Carnivore

Chance I just can't convey in words my friend how sorry I am for your loss. She was a one in a million person that I thought very highly of. Rare it is in our lives that someone can come along and you just feel you are loved but she sure gave every one she met that feeling. She will be very greatly missed.

[​IMG]

For those that never got the chance to know her, she would name every fish she caught and kissed them all before letting them go. :crying: This is a little leo I caught on Malibu pier back in 05, I don't remembere what she named it but I will never forget her.

5. Surfdog

Surfdog Well-Known Member

shark lady

Wow Chance!!, Thats sad, I use to read your posts about you and her getting everybody together to fish bat rays or just bbqing. I know how you must feel I lost my Barbara a year ago, we were together 30 yrs. I won't go big on that, but time mends all things. I will till you this Chance, the memorys will start appearing in vivid HD as time goes by, look forward to that my High School friend. I got some extra surfboards here if you want to paddle out to Ray Bay here in Seal Beach and chase some memorys of our youth.

6. beacondawg

beacondawg Well-Known Member

Im so sorry my brada.prayers going out to ya..

7. J Woodman

J Woodman Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear this, Chance. I used to really enjoy meeting you two for the Batray/BBq events. Lee was such a happy soul!

We miss you very much, Lee, and hope you are just as happy now as we always remember you!

8. Bearfish

Bearfish Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Chance. She touched the heart and soul of so many around her. She will always be in my thoughts. A very special is an understatement. For those who knew her will understand. For those who did not, All I can say is for some reason when around this wonderful woman, you just felt like a better person. She will be missed.

9. sourcreamnjive

sourcreamnjive Well-Known Member

Brother Chance, I'm so sorry she will be definitly be missed by our Get Bent Crew, but ya know she'll be waiting for us to join her at the Heaven Harbor Potluck Batray Tournament....I LOVE YOU GUYS VERY MUCH!!!! Prayers to family and for YOU so you may go through this peacefully.....PM me if ya need to talk....

10. TheFerret

TheFerret Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences to you and your family. I'm sure she's fishing peacefully with the rest of our Getbent brothers and sisters who made the journey before her...

11. cappo5150

cappo5150 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family.

12. juniorjannell

juniorjannell Well-Known Member

Chance, My deepest condolences. I will do my very best to take care of tuffy, please tell her she'll forever be in our hearts and thank you for being so kind. I'll see you in Marina Del Rey.

#12 juniorjannell, September 3, 2012
    Last edited: September 3, 2012
  13. chance

chance Well-Known Member

Please do not kill flowers in marilee "Lee" "sharklady" name. Potted plants are lovely, but if you are spending money, any help with funeral costs are greatly appreciated. If you would like to send cards or notes, with condolences please send them to
    Robert Smith
    c/o Vale E Smith II
    11412 NE 202nd Ave
    Brush Prairie, WA 98606

14. Joey805

Administrator

So sorry to hear this Chance. She was a wonderful kinda hearted lady who will be missed dearly. May she rest in peace.

:sad:

15. Carnivore

Chance where can we send money for help with the arrangements? Same address? if not please let us know.

16. Thresher

Thresher Well-Known Member

Very sad news. My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family.

17. chance

chance Well-Known Member

yes you can send the donations to my sons address in washington as that is where i will be moving to i have posted the address above

18. chance

chance Well-Known Member

and i want to thank you for your prayers and condolences as i have all considered every one at get bent as family

19. Carnivore

Remember Chance, you are family here so please keep in touch and let us know how things are going.

20. chance

chance Well-Known Member

to all my getbent family if anyone has photos of sharklady would you please send them to
    bryan smith(1badassmailbu)his email is [email protected]