Silver Lake Report for 8/3-8/5...

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by Rhyno, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Rhyno

Rhyno Well-Known Member

Hit the lake about 3:00pm on Friday, scored a couple nice stockers on surface stuff, Gold Kastmaster and Super Duper fished on 4 lb Floro, slow trolled behind the new Prowler Trident. My youngest son got a nice Brown on a bubble and mosquito fly combo, his first Brown off his Caper!! Tried the next morning for not much until my friend whos cabin we stayed at said he found the fish. Turns out the lead core line, small dodger, 6'-7' of 4 lb leader to a threaded half earth worm was the ticket. Limits would take about an hour. Fishing down at 4 colors or more in the deep area of the lake was the ticket. Most were released, deep hooked fish made the ride home. Most fish were the stocker rainbows, one nice 2-1/4 lber was big fish, and a few nice 1 lb Browns, man they are beautiful! Lake levels are down and the water is warm, due to the drought. Go deep for your best chance durring the day, or surface in the dawn or dusk. TL Rhino

2. Joey805

Administrator

Thanks for the report Jeff. I use to fish Silver Lake all the time.

Such awesome country up there! I really want to go back bad...

3. ODH33

nice report Jeff!

4. YakSailor

YakSailor Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun, way to go on the 2 lbdr!

5. edskii

edskii Well-Known Member

It's always nice to catch some nice fish-glad you did. But sometimes I just get trolling around Silver Lake in my outback and am just thrilled with the beauty. What a gorgeous lake fish or no fish. Did you get anything from the feeder arm?