TROUT ARE COMING TO CACHUMA!!!

Discussion in 'West Coast - Freshwater Reports' started by Rip, March 5, 2015.

1. Rip

Rip Well-Known Member

Looks like someone came to their senses on the trout plants. Just read this on edhat.
    http://www.edhat.com/site/tidbit.cfm?nid=149057

However the boat launch is tricky. No dock beside it, so it is tuff to do without 2.
    I trolled 2 days for one starved and confused bass. Marked lots of fish in the main channel by the dam but they weren't hungry yet.
    On a good note, I did some work to the boat and it ran like a top and it still beats the hell out of working.

2. Carpfisher

Carpfisher Well-Known Member

Thanks for the report Jake. I'm thinking of tagging mine for Casitas, since I"ll be playing with the new toy for a while.I wonder if theres any dock there as I'll probably be doing all the work. But doable w out.

3. tdfayram

tdfayram Well-Known Member

Hey all, DANG RIP beat me to it! This is great news and a big thanks to County Parks and County Supervisor Farr for working so hard to get this done!

Given the Lake level shore fish will be outstanding after the plant at the Park is in a perfect place given the lower water levels.

This is GREAT!

4. tdfayram

tdfayram Well-Known Member

Paul, there is not any dock space I don't think. But shore line is more accessible in reality and some prime shore spots too. I also see some good spots from shore now accessible for Crappie too.

5. catchofthemonth

6. creekster

creekster Well-Known Member

7. Carnivore

Thank the 9th circuit court that through the whole lawsuit out on it's ear. Good news all around.

8. Joey805

Administrator

This is great news.

I just tagged my boat for Casitas though, dang. Maybe they will get some trout plants too?

Hey Tom, hows the bow fishing? :D

9. Carnivore

They will be opening up to plant at all the places they did before the law suit. It should be coming to an inland water way near you. Or your favorite inland water way.

10. Joey805

Administrator

Been saying that for a while now, but still hasn't happened.

Let's hope it does soon though.

11. Carnivore

Well before they said it because they figured it would have been thrown out before now. It only happened a few months ago and this is the government we are talking about. They only move fast when they are taking stuff from you not giving something back. Funny how that is.