Venice Yellowfin Tuna

Discussion in 'Gulf Coast - Saltwater Off-Shore Boat Reports' started by captwells, April 9, 2009.

1. captwells

captwells Member

There was finally a little window of the 30 knot winds we have been having and I was finally able to get out a couple of days this past week and the fish were waiting and hungry. This past Friday I had Matt Mayfield and crew from Mississippi and it was a tough day. With a small craft advisory until 1 PM Friday lets just say it wasn’t calm but we were still able to bounce around a little bit and ended the day with a box of solid amberjack. Saturday I had half of a bachelor party with the other half with Kevin and it was finally calm enough to run long and it was a good choice. From the time we got there till we left we were busy getting bites unfortunately most of which we missed. I ended the day with 4 nice yellows and Kevin wound up with 6. Yesterday was the best of the days both fishing and weather wise.
    [​IMG]
    When we got where we caught them last weekend conditions had changed and there was no current and I started to wonder if I had made the wrong call thankfully it didn’t take long for one of the reels to start singing and it was on. Our bite to catch was much better going 5 for 6 with a couple double headers.
    [​IMG]
    Most of the fish were 30-50 lbs with the big one going 104#
    [​IMG]
    With only three people on board we decided that was probably plenty of tuna so we headed in and topped the box off with a nice limit of amberjacks.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see the fishing remains good and as we get closer to summer it should do nothing but get better. Give us a call for your day on the water.
    Capt. Billy Wells
    Mexican Gulf Fishing Company

2. Legal Ling

Legal Ling Well-Known Member

wish i lived closer, i'd go out with you guys

3. Geno Machino

Geno Machino Well-Known Member

SWEEEEEEEEET!

Thanks for the report

Geno

4. REZ

REZ Well-Known Member

5. beacondawg

beacondawg Well-Known Member

thanks for reporting

6. saba

saba Well-Known Member

Good job on the YT. thanks for the report.

7. Karim

Karim Well-Known Member

Lucky you guys.

8. DIE-HARD

DIE-HARD Well-Known Member

WTG.WTG.WTG... NIIIIIICCCCCCCCCE.