1. marineslayer

marineslayer Well-Known Member

westport albies

Its been awhile since I last posted mainly cause, I relocated to washington last november. We finally got the boat up here last month,after afew last killer trips on BajaBound outta CI.Well the weather let up and we decided to go chase some tuna. We left thurs. afternoon and spent the night in the parking lot. Friday morning my dad and I loaded 400lbs of ice,$50 on bait(it was $5 lb:dunno:)and outta the harbor by 6:30 for some #er 35miles SW.It was alil bumpy but the bar wasn't bad. We had the gear in the water by 8:30 and the 1st fish onboard by 9:00:D.It was a slow scratch most of the day, we only had 5 fish onboard as of 3:00 pm and lost afew others. We tried to convert afew troll fish into bait stops with no luck earlier in the day. A lil after 3:15 we had asingle on the troll.I threw bait and choas erupted, fish where boiling on everything,free swimmers, jumpers it was crazy:eyepopping:. we put another 7 baitfish onboard in 40 min.before the blue sharks ended it. lost that school. Threw the trollers back in 10 min and we got a TRIPLE:rockon:boatd 2 and left 1 hangin.I threw some bait,same thing boils jumpers freeswimmers everywhere:eek:.This time they stayed with the boat for over an hour,we used almost all our bait and drifted over 1 mile. We ended the drift with 10 more fish onthe boat and lost another 4 to pulled hooks and hooked afew bluedogs.Almost outta bait,ice and room to store fish.Threw in 2 troll rods while we cleaned up and headed for home and picked up another single 5 min later. Threw the last of the baits and got a double on bait,farmed one other , and lost the troll fish.We called it aday at 5:30 with 27 albacore for 2 guys.We only had the cellphone,so the pics aren't the best .Sorry there only 20 in the pic I was tired and didn't feel like pulling the other 7 out.

Attached Files:

#1 marineslayer, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. HOOCHIE-P

HOOCHIE-P Well-Known Member

Oh hell yeah...

Awesome, I am drooling over my keyboard here!!!

you guys must be seriously stoked right now :)

3. Torrn

Torrn Well-Known Member

Dammmmmn! "Marineslayer" is right!! 27 albies between 2? Boiling tuna?! Man what a great day!

4. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Well-Known Member

5. "KNOT HOME"

"KNOT HOME" Well-Known Member

Atta boy!!!!!!!!

Who was crew? The fiesty pops??

Glad you guys are settled in up North!

Anytime you come down you know your welcome on Knot Home!

Not get busy jarring up that tuna!!!

6. Joey805

Administrator

Damn! You guys clean house!

Nice slay fest!

7. marineslayer

marineslayer Well-Known Member

Yep me and the pops.weve been cutting, jarring,and smoking tuna for the last 2 days.Im tired, not to mention we blew the tranny in the truck on the way back.