Wife has Cancer. . . . . This won't be a short read with pics!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Central' started by MikeeDaGuy, Aug 22, 2015.

1. MikeeDaGuy

MikeeDaGuy Well-Known Member

Hey my Brethren. . .
    I suppose this is the kind of stuff one openly shares with his/her close family, well I have my Union brethren of which I have worked with many over the years off and on and certainly do not keep in contact with many except the ones I an working for and with. The second and of which some are in both categories are my fishing ppl face to face and online. . . you reading already seem to care to at least read this post ( The Hardest one I have ever written) and I pray to god you never have to live this! The reason I decided to post a thread is because I believe. . . I believe when a body (group) of ppl seeking the same thing makes a difference, I believe in the holy spirit of which we are all a piece believe it yourself or not, I also believe fish need to be table fare along with all the other animals that are tasty and cant reach to wipe there own ass! I believe in a God that believes we should LIVE, use not abuse the planets resources. I also believe we should support what we believe in and moreso each other for the reason if not that who are we? We are never alone for we all breath the same air. (although the air up here a bit cleaner!)

Alrighty then enough for those of you reading that don't know me personally. My wife is 45 y/o and had a colonoscopy removing 4 polyps of which were pre-cancerous, but the one in her rectum was cancer!
    We are not broke, we live comfortably I am a union Ironworker the Wife an Animal Trainer for the Movie industry and is well known in her field as our wolf/Dog "Rugby" had to just be put down after a severe stroke. I am sure you have seen him in movies commercials or on TV. Her Mother died some 20 years ago from a brain tumor and her 3 sisters have had bouts with cancer of different type. One with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in the hospital as this is being written.
    None the Less my wife Eadie has Stage one T2 Colon Cancer, The cancer is so close to all the things that allow our person to "Shit" ourselves that on Sept 4th (my Bday) In Chicago she will have her rectum removed with hopes of sparing her sphincter muscle. If everything works the way the doctors plan she'll only have a bag for 6 weeks and be able to resume semi regular life. Cancer Free of course.
    I am not young, most close friends call me the Old Guy with Kids, I have a 14y/o that lives with her mother back east and I have a 4 1/2 y/o and a 2 1/2 y/o that live here of course, all girls. The biggest thing that scares the shit out of me is being alone with them, when they are grown more. . . . what the hell I suppose we take what comes, I suppose this would be an awesome life if each of us could trace/draw out what is coming and how we deal with it. . . .

I suppose by posting this I am letting go of what has been building up since we found out about it and more so support, physically and emotionally. We are never alone my friends and supporting each other no matter how it is always makes a difference! I however had my wifey pre read and place corrections so I am not the man i think she is lol

Thanks for Reading!

Feel free to PM me with whatever you got even if its "you fucking cry baby" I am not a small man nor huge I take what I deal out. Hope to share the rail with you one day one my charters your boat or you charter. Life is good with good friends!

1107091523-00.jpg

DSCN0987_(1024_x_768).jpg

2. Carpfisher

Carpfisher Well-Known Member

Prayers from my camp to you and your beautiful wife.

3. spartan44

spartan44 Well-Known Member

Prayers for both of you, Brother Mike

4. MikeeDaGuy

Thank You Paul and Brother Al.
    This post was the hardest thing I have ever written to date. I think more than anything it just felt better getting a few things out. As far as throwing it out to the planet. . . hell maybe it will help someone else see that they are not alone and support is just a matter of reaching out!
    TY All for reading and especially to those who left a comment!

5. J Woodman

J Woodman Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of your troubles Mike. I have enjoyed fishing with you on several occasions and also like you light mood and humor. Hopefully your wife will pull through and your problems will be behind you. I will send my thoughts your way.

6. MikeeDaGuy

Much appreciated Jeff, Never a bad time had for sure. Looking forward to the next time time we get to share the rail brother.

It feels good to have support outside of my own mind. Honestly with everyone that posts it gets a teenie bit easier to deal with!
    Thanks again everyone for at least reading!

7. tpfishnfool

tpfishnfool Well-Known Member

Thoughts and good wishes for your beautiful bride and to you and family and friends that support you. Stay positive and life every day .

8. Rip

Rip Well-Known Member

Wow, I hope it all turns out well. I have a 5yr old momas girl and it would be very hard without my wife.

9. eDUBz

eDUBz Well-Known Member

Thoughts and good vibes sent your way.

10. Joey805

Administrator

So sorry to hear this Mike. Lots of thoughts and prayers are headed your way brother. Wishing her a speedy successful recovery.

11. Carnivore

So sorry to hear the news but thankfully they have made great strides in fighting this kind of cancer. I wish her a speedy recovery and a future that is cancer free.

12. MikeeDaGuy

Thanks for the Prayers and well wishes my friends, very very much appreciated for sure. I will keep everyone posted after surgery next week.
    Thanks again
    Mikee

13. MrPukaShell

MrPukaShell Well-Known Member

You and your beautiful wife are in our thoughts and prayers. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for you and your family. I have a close friend going through a bout with cancer so I share your pain in a slight way. Keep the faith and with all of the prayers and well wishes all will be fine. Keep us informed

14. hammerhead

hammerhead Well-Known Member

Mikee your wife ,your family,and you are in prayers.

15. MikeeDaGuy

Hey All,
    Well Eadie got on a plane to Chicago yesteray afternoon. She is being treated at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Zion, IL. Makes no sense how come the insurance makes us go there but that's how it is, near as she can figure is because that particular hospital has an emergency room. Anyways she will be getting a couple tests done tomorrow and thursday, I will be flying out Thursday early am to be with her friday for scheduled surgery. The plan is to remove her colon and rectum leaving he sphincter muscle. Hopes are she only has to wear a bag for about 6 weeks. She will be there recovering for a couple weeks there. I of course have to fly back home and go back to work. Unless. . . well we wont talk about any kind of unless.. . . My sister in Law with be flying out next wednesday with my girls and her 2 best friends to spend time with her. Hopefully she will be out of the hospital by then and in a lovely hotel room.
    I again have to say knowing that I have received so much support from all of you and of course family and close friends its a whole lot easier to deal with. Thanks again everyone to those who post and those who read and send silent support, without all of it I swear it would be a whole lot more unbearable.
    Eadie texted me from the airport saying how surreal it all was starting to feel. girl has not stopped, keeps bust with work and around here. . . guess she wont have a choice soon but to have to relax a min or two. On the other hand being as strong as she is I have no doubts she will snap back quick style and kicks cancers ass!!

I will post an update sometime friday.

Thanks for reading!
    Mikee

16. GDmike

GDmike Well-Known Member

Mike, I am so sorry to hear this news about Eadie. I just saw a great picture of her the other day walking the tiger on the beach. Wow, this really bums me out to hear bad news about such a great person. If there is anyone out there that can kick cancers ass, it would be Eadie, she is one tough girl! Please keep me informed on how things are going and if you guys need anything, please do not hesitate to ask! Take care Mike, I'm pulling for you guys! P.S. Hope you guys enjoyed all those lobsters!
    Mike

17. MikeeDaGuy

Hey Mike good to see you post, I always enjoy food. If i recollect the girls all ate the lobsters. I cook they eat lol beside lobsters that are short lived TV r movie stars always taste better hahaha Yea that is a great shot with the Tiger, I will have to get a copy and post it. That was just last week, like I said unless you knew she was sick you wouldn't know. She is an awesome woman. . .

OK an update. . .
    The surgery was quite extensive, took over 4 hours, Dr. Brown, met him this morning is a great guy, very solid. He is very happy with how it all went. still have not seen Eadie but will soon. I could not have done this without all your support. My god its been a tough morning. Eadie was ok with it all (well sort of) all the way until the IV went in, then she was struggling to hold it together.
    Its hard to be the rock when it keeps leaking out the eyes.
    Everyone here at Cancer Treatment Centers of America have been fantastic. All the patients have been great as well. so much positive energy here. The food in the cafeteria is good as well. I would recommend if anyone needs a 2nd opinion or has been diagnosed or whatever. I have talked to more ppl got misdiagnosed and were told they would be gone long ago that are still coming here and still alive. . . just sayin. . .

I again thank you all for your continued prayers and support. I seriously could not have done it without you all, the silent supporters and the ones that posted. TYTYTY

God Is Good!

Turned out to be a good birthday afterall!

18. ICEE

ICEE Well-Known Member

Hey Mike, glad to hear everything went well. My thoughts go out to guys!

19. MikeeDaGuy

Thanks ICEE,
    My wife did get out the Hospital on thursday. My girls sister in law and her 2 best friends are there with her at the Illinois beach resort on Lake Michigan in IL.
    She is doing the Day by Day thing for sure.
    Thank You all for your replies, prayers and good thoughts.

Everyone being out of town I took the opportunity to do this. . .

http://www.getbentsportfishing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=623080#post623080

20. MikeeDaGuy

A couple updates. . . sorry I didn't post here so here are the last two, thanks for reading and ty for all your continued prayers!

I picked Eadie the Girls and my sister in law last friday the 25th of sept.. . .
    from sat 9/26/15
    Well I have not been around Eadie since she was in a hospital bed some 3 weeks ago, of course there were nurses and hospital personnel that were very attentive. The Cancer Treatment Centers of America is where to go. I can't say enough good things about that place.
    Well I did get the whole fan damnily picked up yesterday, Momma a beat but glad to be home, as well as Auntie (a godsend!) and the 2 girls full of energy and happy to see Daddy. Nice 2 1/2 + hour drive home where the hillbillies live and we are here.... I will only say I am so happy to have everyone home. The work starts now. I will just have to make sure someone checks in on them so I don't need to take time off work. Construction does not pay good when you don't work!
    Thanks for all your continued prayers and good thoughts!

tues 9/29/15
    I again want to thank everyone for the PM's, calls, texts, posts and good thoughts
    Eadie had been gaining strength all weekend. We had been monitoring her for any symptoms that there could be problems with the Jackson Pratt bulb. Non existent and she felt dam good sunday, best day yet since surgery. Long story short my sister took her to the ER in Bako, they were in there (the better choice of the hospitals up that way) for some 8 hours. Grueling to say the least. She got thru it, a CT scan finally and well she needs to make an appt to get the Tube/Bulb removed. A tough day for sure, my neighbor asked when I got home if I need to go, I said I can't be any bigger bitch than my sister ! she laughed, we both know its true. It did come into play as the day progressed. Another bump in the road that has been surpassed. We talked about treatment anywhere (except out regular Dr.) compared to CTCA and realized its not gunna happen. I cannot imply enough to anyone needing Cancer treatment to contact the Cancer Treatment Centers of America and get an opinion at least. The place is bomb. I am saying this from experience and for no other reason.
    Long story short She is doing better every day, so happy to be home its not funny. My Girls are so happy to be home there are no words. I am right there with them all.
    You have no Idea how much strength I get from you, the others who have PMed me, called, texted or just read my thread and send a prayer. Its good to have friends that I have never met face to face :).
    TY so much for reading, Have a Great Day.
    as you see my days start quite early and end late. . . . I need all the strength I can get lol
    [/SIZE]