Winding Check installation

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by J Heidrick, May 14, 2004.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No bearfish you got it all wrong, it goes like this.

YOu wil be :Dwhen you get a custom rod. After a while you will be:embarassed:because you want more and eventualy[​IMG]:embarassed::crying:because you are working four jobs to pay off the 50 custom rods you bought lol[​IMG]

I have known that that speedball works great on doors walls and mirrors ( I learn from seeing not doing)[​IMG]but I never thought of using it on a rod. I just got hooked on weaving things :embarassed:

Batman

2. Flipper

What was the subject of this topic again?[​IMG]

3. creekster

creekster Well-Known Member

Installing one of those Bass Pro Shop line winders on your rod [​IMG] ...lol...jk

4. creekster

creekster Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, and then CHECKING it

5. Bearfish

Bearfish Well-Known Member

Well when I get my first of many custom rods I will be:Dthen I will want more so I will be[​IMG]about it as I will put away some dollarage to buy them. BUT I will be :uhoh:when I actually saved enough to buy an AVET :)banger:) To put on it. And then I will be:nana:to my buddy who wants his own. So in turn I will re-build my dollarage for more rods and get [​IMG]cuz I will need to get another job to pay for them and even more [​IMG]cuz I cant fish with two jobs. But I will be [​IMG]and[​IMG]because I have all these b***cen rods and reels to fish with, so I can quit my second job and fish my ass off all the while Ill be :rockon:[​IMG]:moon:while I am fishin. And when people ask me where did I get them made Ill tell em and then they too will be :Dcuz I :blahblah:them where to go. My wife will wonder where I got them and I will [​IMG]...but if she finds out how much I paid for them she will [​IMG]and there will be an [​IMG]and maybe (me) [​IMG]( the wife) but most likely she will just (me) :slap:(the wife) with the rods. But it will all be good because I will still be totally [​IMG]and [​IMG]she doesnt find my secret room in the garage full of all the other ones she doesnt know about. So yo see Batman...its all good....if she doesnt know she cant say :nono:to me . She will however wonder how come the home owners insurance policy has al these EXTRA items on it that she has never seen and I will have to :blahblah:my way out of that one. But that is easy.:D

6. Flipper

Hey Bear... AVET are not that expensive. You can get an AVET MX for the same price as a Torium 16, but you get the lever drag, better free spool, and way more line capacity, etc....

7. FISHHEAD

FISHHEAD Well-Known Member

GREAT POST BEAR!! LOL

8. Bearfish

Yeah but unless I buy all the stuff to wrap my own rods and all that it will cost me more to buy rods than reels....kno what I mean?....hehe...pretty sad when a rod costs more than the reel....cool...yes....more expencive...yes...easy to hide the cost? HEEEEEEEEEEEEELL NO!!! Oh how much fun can one man have? I wanna be like Sinker and have to buy a bigger garage for my stuff and park the cars on the street...LOL.

9. FISHHEAD

NOW IM LIKE 4.32 MILES AWAY FROM THE TOPIC BUT DO YOU GUYS LIKE THE AVETS??? I THINK ILL MAKE A POST IN TACKLE 101 ABOUT IT. CHECK IT OUT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

10. Bearfish

I like em and Ive NEVER used one...I fell in love with them just by the way it was explained to me by this dude who buildls rods for a living...hes pretty good at it too and the way they feel in my hand. Light and smooth and just soooo purdy....plus I like that lever drag thing...I so suck at keepin my drag in one place as I play with it all the time while fishing....DOH!

11. FISHHEAD

I CHANGE THE DRAG ALL THE TIME TOO!!! IM SO STUPID

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I used to like them but as the older they got and the more I used them they seemed worse and worse to me every time. I totaly loved the awesome casting that it had when I got it. WEll I tried to put it on a rod and it didn't fit. I thought thats ok ill just build a rod for it .Than while barrie fishing the reel seat came apart, no biggie right? Well than after than the seat cam out again, bearings rusted, salt got under the handle, freespool sucks drags got jerky:blahblah:I have just had it with this reel. With reels like newells I don't see why I shoudl mess with an avet. I have decided to get replacement parts and just sell it and replace it with a newell or a trinidad[​IMG]:D

Batman

13. FISHHEAD

I THINK THE NEWEL IS A LITTLE CHEAPER, EASY TO REBUILD AND REALLY CASTS A MILE!!! I HAVE ONLY BORROWED ONE AND I RELLY LIKED IT. I NEVER NEW HOW CHEAP THEY WERE!!!