Butt wrap HELP!

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Batman, December 26, 2003.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I need some ideas QUICK on what I can do for a butt wrap on my GUSA. I can't marbelize because I don't have my power wraper yet and because I need more practice with it. I can't do a chevron because I only have 1 green thread and I think it looks better with different shades of one color. I just have a spool of green Prizim hologram thread, a spool of dark green sizeA thread, a spool of black size C thread, a spool of size D green Rice verigated thread and a spool of size D metalic thread. What can I do with this? I am pretty much out of ideas because all the wraps I can think of need several colors of green. I looked at some pics but they also need different greens. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do with the thread I have?

Thanks,

Batman

2. pEsCaDoR

pEsCaDoR Well-Known Member

just go out and get some more thread. the non NCP thread in 100 yd spools are only about 2 bucks each. for most wraps you only need three colors. but if you wanna get more intricate, and go with a closed wrap, you might need up to 5 colors. thats just 10 bucks! come out to chump change considering this is YOUR CUSTOM ROD. if you dont have enough to finish it yet, DONT COMPROMISE. you will regret it. make it the way you intended it to be in the first place. and if that means spending a little more money then hey, youll love yourself later for it.

ive found myself going back to my local rodbuilder supply up to four times just to build one rod! and theyre like 30 minutes away from my house!

3. Joey805

Administrator

I can recommend you Huggies or Pampers to wrap your butt Batman. I hear they work quite well!

:moon:

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Thanks pesc. I don't recomend joeys way because it soaks up the flex coat [​IMG]

Batman

5. FUZZYBEAR

FUZZYBEAR Well-Known Member

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Joey, you left out Depends for us older dudes - it's a specialty wrap!

6. Bearfish

Bearfish Well-Known Member

My wife has a huge box of lite days liners...will that help?

7. pEsCaDoR

pEsCaDoR Well-Known Member

do they have "wings"?

8. FUZZYBEAR

FUZZYBEAR Well-Known Member

Did I say Ewwwwwwwww before? I've got a story that involves having no choice but to use one of those things as a freakin bandage till I could get to thedrug storeto get a real bandage! It was bad! Burned my arm in an electric dryer (still have the scar) no bandages were around so I had to strap one of those babies on with a long sleeve shirt (baggy) to cover it up and headed out to the drug store to get a proper dressing! (No wings - one of the older models) Ewwwwww again but it was hilarious!

Ok, that's enough of that one!

9. Carnivore

As long as you’re not using them as shoulder pads you are good to go.