1. Mundo Feliz

Mundo Feliz Member

Saw that the Mirage has been nailing tuna the last couple days. Are they running south towards hidden reef or have the fish finally made it up to the backside of our islands? Not looking for numbers just general info and somewhere to start. My Radon gets back in the water this Friday so I am itching to prospect.

2. J Woodman

J Woodman Well-Known Member

They claim Northern Channel Islands. It is always possible that they are somewhere else completely.

3. Carnivore

I heard it was around SBI....or was is SLO. OMG I forgot....ya I really didn't hear a thing.

4. bajabuzz

bajabuzz Well-Known Member

An unnamed pay site did not list their exact location but did list that YFT and Dorado were caught between West end of Cat and The Boot.

5. Exotichunter

Exotichunter New Member

Left CI harbor about 4:30AM Wednesday. Got a scoop of Anchovy then made Squid & macs at HC. Worked south to SBi & 175 spot area where we metered Tuna under the porpose but they did not want to play. Explored the Osborn Bank for Nada then onto the 711 where the SST showed a nice temp break that was not found, just 72 Deg dead water. Worked toward SCi and founsd the right signs and birds near the Mackrel Bank. Ended up with 11 YFT 20-30# class the first day. They were up under the bords then would sound to 60 FT. Caught them on all the baits flylined or on the rubber band rig at 60 Ft. Next day we found scattered scools working under the birds and Hammer head sharks in the same area. We ended up with 6 more YFT then worked home a day early as we were low on ice. Saw tuna breaking about 5 miles south of twin harbor but they would not stay up, possibly BFT. Caught some rat YT under a paddy west end of Cat near the 175.

I'm not sure where the Mirage found them but well be out exploring the local spots again next weekend.

6. Mundo Feliz

Mundo Feliz Member

Thanks for the update. You guys covered a lot of water! We will be looking around on Friday.

7. "KNOT HOME"

"KNOT HOME" Well-Known Member

Don't people realize more coverage on the tuna actually helps??
    Pelagics Move... A few boats spread out over a few miles working together is key....

Their not seabass!!

8. phishy

phishy Well-Known Member

Understatement of the year..no need for secrecy..teamwork it and get it done..going out this week..someone get the itch and want to buddy boat, let me know.

9. hiplanesdrifter

hiplanesdrifter Well-Known Member

Right. Thanks for that Randy man!!!!! Was thinking that myself...... I KNOW you got yours!! I sure did, except is was South. New tires, brakes and a lot of fuel burned trailering.......Cheers bro

#9 hiplanesdrifter, September 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: September 10, 2014
  10. "KNOT HOME"

"KNOT HOME" Well-Known Member

Same here.... South...
    Left the boat in a slip in Diego a Month Ago :D
    Done 5-6 Trips.... Even made it to the Corral!
    Insane Summer and its just getting better!!!

11. Mundo Feliz

Mundo Feliz Member

Looks like the Seabisquit is getting in on the action too.

12. Mundo Feliz

Mundo Feliz Member

Just read a post on bdoutdoors from a couple guys who fished on the Mirage. They are fishing on the backside of Catalina. Once again, probably the Osborn, 499 area.