XTREME REEL+ SUCKS....

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Deadman, December 22, 2007.

1. Deadman

Deadman Well-Known Member

THIS STUFF SCREWED UP MY CALCUTTA!!!

MY FRIEND USED IT ON HIS OLD SCHOOL CURADO'S AND THEY DONT EVEN CAST!!!

2. marineslayer

marineslayer Well-Known Member

3. rmedina0811

rmedina0811 Well-Known Member

how much did you add? did you clean out the grease first?

4. sosofresh

sosofresh Member

I think Alan tani, the reel expert uses ReelX on all the reels he services. Google him. You did something wrong..

5. ODOGFISH

ODOGFISH Well-Known Member

Frist and for most , you HAVE to CLEAN OFF ALL the OLD GREASE real well , you just cant wipe it off and expect it to be clean , you need to clean the bearing's with a spray cleaner or dip them in a cleaning solution , I have used REEL-X as far back as I can remember and NEVER had A bearing PROBLEM , you also need to note that NOT all bearing's can or should be lubed with REEL-X some may need grease , I have several ABU'S that may be as old as you :lol: and they never had a bearing go bad ... try again you may be surprised ... :beerbang:

... GOOD LUCK & FISH HARD ! !

...... ps; ther are several web sites that "Allen Tani" as reel repairs posted on them you may want to GOOGLE , one of them is linked to GB ... its called BLODY DECKS ... :rockon:

6. Deadman

MY BAD THE STUFF IS CALLED XTREME REEL+

MY BAD!!! I dont know why I thought it was REEL X!!

I went to my local tackle shop and they told me to buy the "
    Xtreme reel Grease" and add it in to all my reels that I originally treated with Xtreme reel+

7. esox rods rep

esox rods rep New Member

Information on Xtreme Reel+

I have used Xtreme Reel+ on all of my reels and it works great. All you have to do is open the reel up, spray the product on all moving parts, reassemble the reel and spin the handle a few times to activate the cleaner and dry lubricant. The cleaner will disolve any old grease, flush out all contaminants and deposit the polymer lubricant onto all the moving parts and surfaces. The lubricant bonds to the metal and leaves a dry lubricant that will not attract any contaminants or water. There is a gear lube that is useful in larger reels that do not have tight tolorances. The lube will deposit a dry polymer lubricant onto the gear surfaces that bonds to the gears and reduces gear lash. Xtreme Reel+ will disolve salt so it's very useful for flushing and lubing your reels after every trip into salt water. Since it's so easy to use Xtreme Reel+ is a great way to clean your salt water reels.

#7 esox rods rep, February 14, 2008
    Last edited: February 14, 2008
  8. fisha

fisha Well-Known Member

never tried it.......but i would reccomend cleaning out all the old grease and clean everything b4 regreasing and putting back together

9. rabi619

rabi619 Active Member

10. bunner

bunner Well-Known Member

I put the squirt bottle away and use these once or twice a year, I can't expect that servicing my reels after evrytime I use them would consider me ANAL about fishing? Cleaning/ rinsing them off O.K> but to take them apart and clean off all the lubes, then re-lube and put back together, then do this time after time, I would rather let some time pass like six months/1 year. I don't say that it's not good to;... but maybe that's too ANAL for what I consider "NORMAL".

11. titan05

titan05 Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you but one of the rules of thermodynamics is that nothing just disappears...there is always some residual of the original product.

If you value your reels then do the work on them to keep them in good working order but don't just think that a spray is a total cure all for your reels

Just my two cents....which is worth a bit less than that

12. Deadman

JUST A HEADS UP!! ON XTREME REEL....

My Calcutta and Curado are basically done...I sent both to shimano and they came came back with the same problems!! They Both dont cast worth the shiaat now!!! Im just glad that I didnt put this stuff on my Trinidad, and Avets!!!! The guy at the local tackle shop that sold this stuff to me now admits that you must replace old grease with actual "xtreme reel heavy gear grease" after a couple applications of xtreme reel!! This stuff does remove all old grease..I put a couple drops on some old dirty greasy pliers and now they look brand new. Im sure if you sprayed this stuff all over your car/truck engine it would look brand new again!!!

13. Yerman

Yerman Well-Known Member

I don't think this post if very informative. Can you tell us about your procedure for adding the oil? Which bearings did you put the stuff on? What bearings gave out? What conditions was this reel used in? Did it fall overboard when kayak fishing and you think the reel should still be in perfect condidtion? Etc. I don't think it is right to start bashing a company without giving a full explanation on what happened. I use extreme reel + with no problems yet.

I'm not saying that your reel didn't go bad with this lubricant in your reel, but explain your situation instead of just bashing the product.

#13 Yerman, May 21, 2008
    Last edited: July 25, 2008
  14. alantani

alantani Well-Known Member

hey, al! where are your calcutta and curado now? any possibility that i could take a look? alan

15. Veteran

Veteran New Member

LOOKING like your reels will spin now:cool2: